Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
11,496 Posts
ask the seller to send you a picture from the latches from the back but AFAIK it's a direct fit. Seen it done before even on mk3 golfs but on those the oem rear bench catches need to be removed and placed a bit higher. unless it's a mk3.5 AKA golf mk4 convertible, than it is a direct fit.

so it is safe to say the lot is a direct fit, but make sure you ask for that picture if you still got some reservations about it... that should clear it up for you.

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ask the seller to send you a picture from the latches from the back but AFAIK it's a direct fit. Seen it done before even on mk3 golfs but on those the oem rear bench catches need to be removed and placed a bit higher. unless it's a mk3.5 AKA golf mk4 convertible, than it is a direct fit.

so it is safe to say the lot is a direct fit, but make sure you ask for that picture if you still got some reservations about it... that should clear it up for you.
Cheers I'll do that. Appreciate it the response bro

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

As mine is 5 door is there any difference compared to a 3 door when putting in S3 seats? As he just got back to me and told me it's got a 3 door.. I'm sure the S3 only game in a 3 door.

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Should I ask for more specific pictures? But this is what he sent me

Electrical wiring Gas Motor vehicle Computer hardware Automotive tire

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Asphalt

Toy Gas Machine Electrical wiring Motor vehicle

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good news got em! Just super cleaned them. I'll show when done!

Few questions I saw a video online of a uninstallstion off a S3 theres a bolt at the front.. theres also 3 plugs.

Does the mk4 have that front bolt? As I never received any bolts just the seat as.. in terms of plugs does my vehicle have the 3 plugs that go in? Someone said I have to use my plug off my seat in order to make it work.

Blue black and yellow. Those are the 3 plugs .. they are all female plugs.

Any additional screws do I need? What about the heated seats? I was told it has them but not sure.

So many questions as when I take my old one out I want to know all the issues I may have. Any pictures just ask I plan to get this sorted today. I have euro car parts down my road and Toolstation.

Automotive tire Tire Chair Tread Synthetic rubber

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

In my robe early morning lol!

Automotive tire Bumper Wood Gas Machine

· Registered
11,496 Posts
de-pin the lot from your old seat take the(now empty) connector, than de-pin the yellow one by one (from the new seat) and put them in the same position in the older type connector .... this should now just connect to your older style plug from the car, and work without a problem.

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
de-pin the lot from your old seat take the(now empty) connector, than de-pinone by one from the new seat and put them in the same position as the cable one you are emptying.... this should now just connect to your older style plug from the car, and work without a problem.
Highly appreciate the follow up bro. It was a bitch manouvring it to wire it up as it literally had to be tilted back. All is working! Looks fantastic. Really snug fit in the front I've noticed so it slightly presses up against the center console (handbrake is) so it does squeal as the leather presses up against and the ride when turning corners.

Yes I chopped the old one wired it up to fuse demister. Connected the passenger to the driver wiring through the carpet. I believe these are 37kg each so they do weight the car abit as I am on coilovers and the height is max as I have LPG there is a metal bracket beneath the car so I have to raise it. Front is raised also as I like to hit humps without slowing down lol.. I notice the car wiggle on a stop.

Engine mounts need to be replaced as the engine has sunk.

Vehicle Car Light Automotive design Fixture

Couch Comfort Blue Rectangle Automotive exterior

· Registered
11,496 Posts
Yeah I knew about the bolsters touching the tunnel ( it does stop stuff falling between the seat and the tunnel though) ... but it still fits properly. I would be on the look out for black leather mk4 doorcards, to finish the interior off

1 - 20 of 24 Posts