Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to get this fitted (about an hour or so to go)

I have heard this really does transform driving etc.... Is that so? can a ?20 odd piece of metal really make things better??

Well I'll find out soon.

Any of you guys fitted this?

Cheers

CJ

·
Registered
836 Posts
Don't expect a huge difference mate... I have had one fitted for some time, front felt a bit tighter but not a huge difference.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it's worthwhile but not night and day, as you would get with sports suspension.

See here for more info http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/312915/ShowPost.aspx

Why not splash out on a Koni FSD kit like lox19 [:)]
Cheers guys,

All fitted now, as said above it is tighter, feels nicer to drive!!,
but yes I am ordering a kit! (and some new boots[;)]) I was meant to order some stuff this month but Engine
mount breakage put stop to that at the eune of ?450, [:(]so need to wait a bit!

Cheers!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
379 Posts
Whilst doing my engine conversion I thought I'd get one of these too, have actually added quite a few front end bits including R32 wishbone bushes (rear ones only fit), S3 lower brace and an e-bay aluminium strut brace. The improvement feels very noticable and I like it, lots! Even after lowering the car is still felt a bit too much like a boat but its a load better now, point and go is the way forward!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CJ,

Where did you have your work done and what do they charge?
Hi mate, had it done at Bedford Motors, Gloucester!! (awseome) Billy -
got the part at cost price so I only paid ?15 and some change!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just had mine fitted to my 110 GT TDI.

From undoing the 3 screws on the back of the engine guard to puting the capston

nuts in and puting the bar up and fitting 8mins.

Well worth the ?21.

Now to get the top one sorted, i have heard that the Audi s3 will fit!!

Any part numbers and how much they go for.

joolstdi

·
Registered
518 Posts
can someone tell me if the S3 lower strut brace will fit a bora tdo 110 sport? fitting FK coilovers soon, but wanna stiffent the steering up too.

cheers

·
Registered
43 Posts
MickSid,

Not sure if this helps but I have a Bora PD130 and I picked up the lower bar this week but I believe this mod isn't engine specific so u/we should be fine, just need to get it fitted (hmm, axle stands at the ready!!) next week some time. I'm hoping to get away with the idea of only lossening the back few bolts as previously mentioned as I will be doing this on my own and trying to hold the whole cover up and bolt it back in place while on my back might turn into some crap comedy sketch!!

BJE

1 - 20 of 23 Posts