Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please ignore my ignorance, what ill fitting a S3 lower strut brace do for my car?

PD150.

Cheers Dave.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The lower is so easy to fit not really worth a guide, think there is one knocking about for the upper one! Lower one is just a case of jacking car up and bolting it on you may need to remove undertray if you have one.

Upper is not to hard to fit just be careful drilling the holes mate!

·
Registered
266 Posts
The lower takes about 10min to fit once the lower engine shield is off.......very easy to do, but the upper one is not as easy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand it will ( possibly ) handle better, I wanted to know how it achieve`s this.

thanks Dave.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Quote: posted by Caged on 07/03/2005 08:45:17

Don't expect a massive difference though! [;)]

With just the lower one not much of a difference but with the upper and lower defo a big difference! [^]

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
I know you guys are talking about the S3 lower strut brace but is it where this neuspeed part would fit also?

Posted Image

(from www.awesomegti.com)

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Quote: posted by g-master on 10/03/2005 13:25:19

Yeah same thing mate! fits in the same place.

Do you know if it fits on the 4Motion without a problem?

·
Registered
342 Posts
didn't improve anything on my car...its a bar that goes across the bottom of the engine... how exactly does it improve the handling

if anything it had a negative impact on my car so i took it off...and the slight negative difference i noticed under heavy braking disapeared

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Quote: posted by LIAMH on 10/03/2005 19:14:53

didn't improve anything on my car...its a bar that goes across the bottom of the engine... how exactly does it improve the handling

if anything it had a negative impact on my car so i took it off...and the slight negative difference i noticed under heavy braking disapeared

Have you got coilovers on your car?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Quote: posted by Mokeylock on 10/03/2005 22:03:46

Quote: posted by LIAMH on 10/03/2005 19:14:53

Have you got coilovers on your car?

Koni adjustables H%R springs, H&R front anti roll bar, Neuspeed rear anti roll bar, poly bush's all round

front and rear upper strut braces

Leda custom coilovers in the garage going on in the next few weeks

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Quote: posted by LIAMH on 10/03/2005 22:19:38

Koni adjustables H%R springs, H&R front anti roll bar, Neuspeed rear anti roll bar, poly bush's all round

front and rear upper strut braces

Leda custom coilovers in the garage going on in the next few weeks

cool, i'm taking your word for it then [:D]

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
i'm about to fit the upper this afternoon. was gonna do them together but haven't managed to get the lower yet

i can't have the upper sitting around at home cos my dad or god forbid...my fiancee might see it!!

if i put the upper one on and am i then gonna notice further change when fitting the lower or is it not worth it?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Quote: posted by j40hnw on 11/03/2005 14:13:40

I am led to believe that you will only notice the difference if you have the top and bottom braces..

i have an upper brace....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts