Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just been offered some s3 leathers inc door cards and carpet in beige for ?450, but the drivers air bag as gone off, how much do u think it will cost me to repair and is it worth while doing it, i have also been offered full vrs skoda octavia interior black and cream inserts for ?850, but werent to sure if they fit the golf, all the help and advised would be greatful...

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the quick reply, but i wanna know if it is worth getting the s3 leathers and gettin them fixed to put in my car...

·
Registered
287 Posts
but the drivers air bag as gone off, how much do u think it will cost me to repair ..
LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS

Airbags are NOT cheap in any manner. And the fact that it has gone off would put me off buying the seats anyway - why has it gone off - car shunted perhaps, which could mean that the seat frame has taken a severe impact whcih could have twisted it, adn then you would need a fair bit of work to rectify that. And does the airbag have a little patch of leather that covers it or does half the seat need re-trimmed?????

Then again, this could be the bargain of the century - but biege?????

go for the octavia interior

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Don't fancy the sound of beige in a silver car mate. I don't fancy the seatframes being 100% trustworthy either if it's took a whack?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nothing like that, the guy who stripped the car set it off when taking the interior out somehow, the whole seat dont need to be retrimmed, it just needs to be sticthed back up again on corner of the seat, its the price of the air bag im fussed about, do i really need to have the air bag in the seat?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
if your current seats dont have airbags in them then whats the point of having them in the s3's?! none! so go for it man IF your current seats dont have airbags!!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my ones do at the moment, even in my crappy sdi 1.9e, they had air bags in them, i think its a standard things, would my vw air bag fit into the recaro s3 seat???

·
Registered
690 Posts
Agree with the others - beige leathers on a silver Golf won't look good! Plus you will still have the black/grey cloth door cards and armrest which will need retrimming! And the rear seats might not fit!

The Octavias on the other hand don't sound right, as far as I know vRS' came with black leather and white-ish suede sits, no creme!

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
edit: That's leather and alcantera, a bit of a nicer match for silver I suppose - I'm sure the beige are full leather and with the classic VAG shiney/baggy leather problems?

·
Registered
690 Posts
All S3s came with Recaros I think.

Those however are the very very rare black leather/silver alcantara Recaros, the most gorgeous of colour combinations offered on the S3. They go really well with Avus silver or Dolphin gray S3s, so should look spot on on your Reflex Silver Golf!

I absolutely love those seats, love them enough not to bother with the side airbag working, but that's just my opinion!

You would still need to retrim the door cards in matching silver alcantara and the armrest in black leather though!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
will the air bag from my sports seats fit into the s3 leathers??? another question are all s3 leathers heated?

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
No the airbag from the sport seat won't fit the S3 seats and no not all S3 leathers are heated

I would still go for them TBH for that price.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hmmm so they are a good buy then? will the 3 door s3 recaros fit into my 5 door golf ok then? thanks peeps for all the help and advise so far...

·
Registered
229 Posts
To be honest I would go for them and not bother with the airbag....... Although is there a way of making the airbag warning light go out with that airbag missing?

But yeah defo go for them at that price mate, Im not overly sure the airbag is worth the price it will probs cost by the time its fitted and stitched in etc.

Do you know the guy who took them out well though? Only it sounds a bit of an odd story bout them going off while taking seat out if you ask me....... just have a good look at the seat and make sure its straight etc.... if it already is buckled and you were to have an accident it would probs bend really badly under impact due to weakness, which obv would be good for you........

All I am saying is any suspicion its not worth it mate........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts