Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
polo??? can it be done, my mates mate recons he has a audi s3 engine in his R- reg polo.. (I have'nt seen the engine yet only seen the car flying up a massive hill once) but anyway I didnt think it could fit in the engine bay?? [*-)]

anyway he recons its 450bhp [:#]

P.s arnt they a 1.8T V5 engine????

·
Registered
873 Posts
Haven't got an answer to you question but is the hill your talking about, death hill? lol

Also i reckon i know of the person ur talking about, don't know them personally but remember a mate telling me one of hes mates has put an s3 engine in a VW and i think he said a polo. Il get back to you with a name. Will be funny if it is the same person.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
of course it can be done!!! anything can be done with enough time/money/knowledge. If my mate can put a S3 engine in his MK1 Golf im sure this is very possible.

·
Registered
127 Posts
yeah it can be done, there was a few at inters last year.
there is even a green lupo with a 1.8t engine in!!!! i think its awesomes or venoms
anything possible, like the blue mk3 golf with 2 (yes 2) vr6 turbo engines!!
cheersphil
i have just finnished helping a mate put a 20ltr vauxhall engine in the front of a mini

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

there is even a green lupo with a 1.8t engine in!!!! i think its awesomes or venoms

anything possible, like the blue mk3 golf with 2 (yes 2) vr6 turbo engines!!

cheers
phil

i have just finnished helping a mate put a 20ltr vauxhall engine in the front of a mini
the lupo WAS venoms car, since then its been passed from pillar to post. Running appx 350bhp. IHI kit.

·
Registered
873 Posts

20 litres? wow. if that can be done then the polo must be a peice of cake lol. [:p]

·
Super Moderator
50,230 Posts
polo??? can it be done, my mates mate recons he has a audi s3 engine in his R- reg polo.. (I have'nt seen the engine yet only seen the car flying up a massive hill once) but anyway I didnt think it could fit in the engine bay?? [*-)]

It's the same engine as the Golf turbo,an inline four with 20 valves,but 225 BHP as standard.The latest Polo has that engine in it anyway I seem to remember reading?

Chris.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haven't got an answer to you question but is the hill your talking about, death hill? lol

Also i reckon i know of the person ur talking about, don't know them personally but remember a mate telling me one of hes mates has put an s3 engine in a VW and i think he said a polo. Il get back to you with a name. Will be funny if it is the same person.
It most probably is mate lol, someone told me that it wouldnt fit thats why i was asking, I thought it was just a golf 1.8T engine he put in there but my mate said it was a s3.. he wants 450bhp out of it, bit of a death trap if you ask me in a tiny polo lol

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

It's the same engine as the Golf turbo,an inline four with 20 valves,but 225 BHP as standard.The latest Polo has that engine in it anyway I seem to remember reading?

Chris.
It is 5V not V5... and it stands for 5 valves per cylinder

1 - 17 of 17 Posts