Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my early TDi (99 registred AHF engine) needs some cosmetic "pimping" under the bonnet

searching through the threads i found:

Posted Image

Posted Image

8L9 103 927 A ? Battery Cover

8L9 103 928 B (01C) ? Expansion Tank Cover

8N0 103 531 ? Screws (X3)

8N0 103 946A ? Bracket

8N0 103 954 ? Rubber Bush

My question is basically, will this fit straight on, so to speak?

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply PJ! hope all is well!! not seen you in ages!

did you manage to fit the anni bits on your car?

btw one thread suggests that a 5 litre expansion tank is required... why is that?

·
Registered
906 Posts
i think when at BBT show in April RS Golf had the same bits on his car, might be worth a PM to see if he can help

Tam

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
thanks for the reply PJ! hope all is well!! not seen you in ages!

did you manage to fit the anni bits on your car?

btw one thread suggests that a 5 litre expansion tank is required... why is that?
Nah, don't get on here much these days. Had the full Anni kit on now for a year or more now.
Haven't got a clue about the the expansion tank. Surely they must mean the washer tank though?

·
Registered
24 Posts
my early TDi (99 registred AHF engine) needs some cosmetic "pimping" under the bonnet

8L9 103 927 A - Battery Cover

8L9 103 928 B (01C) - Expansion Tank Cover

8N0 103 531 - Screws (X3)

8N0 103 946A - Bracket

8N0 103 954 - Rubber Bush

Old thread i know but is the person who own the car in the pictures still on the forum? i want to know where he got the things the go around the outside of the coolant/battery cover that makes them look flush with the wings??[:D]

·
Pro tinkerer
5,647 Posts

8L9 103 927 A - Battery Cover

8L9 103 928 B (01C) - Expansion Tank Cover

8N0 103 531 - Screws (X3)

8N0 103 946A - Bracket

8N0 103 954 - Rubber Bush

Old thread i know but is the person who own the car in the pictures still on the forum? i want to know where he got the things the go around the outside of the coolant/battery cover that makes them look flush with the wings??
Is it not the part number I have highlighted for you above? Someone with etka would be able to tell you.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Thats how the covers come, they are designed to fit onto the wings of the S3 or TT, you can make the battery cover fit quite well but the washer side sits a little off the wing (as in the photo) when you line up the caps.

Don't fall over when you get the price.

R

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thats how the covers come, they are designed to fit onto the wings of the S3 or TT, you can make the battery cover fit quite well but the washer side sits a little off the wing (as in the photo) when you line up the caps.

Don't fall over when you get the price.

R
I have £148.93 inc vat[cry]

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
In my eyes, the batery 'surround' IS the battery 'cover' so I did read your post and assumed thats what you were looking for. Sorry.

My suggestion is that you go down to the VW dealership and give them the part numbers, they can then confirm what the parts are on an exploded diagram. They will also be able to help with a part you do not have the number for.

·
Registered
24 Posts
In my eyes, the batery 'surround' IS the battery 'cover' so I did read your post and assumed thats what you were looking for. Sorry.

My suggestion is that you go down to the VW dealership and give them the part numbers, they can then confirm what the parts are on an exploded diagram. They will also be able to help with a part you do not have the number for.
Cover = over Surround = around

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Yes, and on the vag engine it is a box that goes over AND Around!!

So it could be described as either.

Like I said, go to VW and they will have more than a photo.

The photo does not show ANY 'surround' only a Cover if you want to get pedantic.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, and on the vag engine it is a box that goes over AND Around!!

So it could be described as either.

Like I said, go to VW and they will have more than a photo.

The photo does not show ANY 'surround' only a Cover if you want to get pedantic.
You are wrong not all vag engines have a battery box that goes over AND around!!

The s3 for example (the battery surround that i need as stated in my post) has a bit that goes around the battery with screw holes on either side which the s3 battery cover screw on to unlike the golf ect...

And i never said anything about their being a surround in the picture so...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts