Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On friday i pick up a 51 plate S3. Today whilst i was looking at the car and playing with the radio, i noticed all the speakers have bose embossed on the grills. The stereo was a tape deck, so i thought that there will be a cd changer somewhere in the car.... i cant find one though.

2 questions... 1. are cd changers standard fitment on S3's (when bose equipment is fitted)?

2. where are they mounted on the S3?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hi

My S3 has a Bose sound system fitted, it has a 6cd integrate into the
bose head unit in the dash, there is also a bose sub in the back left
of the boot,

there may be one in there

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the head unit only seemed to have a tape deck. below it was the CC, and below that is a covered cubby hole. Does that seem normal?

·
Registered
153 Posts
i think bose came standard on the S3

it should have a cd changer in the boot under the flap on the wing

Posted Image

its placed on top of the sub.

hope this helps

ben

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think bose came standard on the S3

it should have a cd changer in the boot under the flap on the wing

Posted Image

its placed on top of the sub.

hope this helps

ben
thanks Ben. i have looked in the boot, but theres nowt there. i think the previous owner has had them away

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bose was a ?500 quid option but i know a few people got it thrown in for free as a sweetner by the dealer i suppose.

The S3 can come with 4 head units,

Tape Deck - CD Changer wa an option with this

Single CD Unit - CD Changer was an option with this

6CD in Dash Unit - no changer option obviously, this is a double DIN unit, so with this unit the CC control are where the cubby hole is in yours.

Sat-Nav Unit - CD Changer was an option with this also, Also again this is a double DIN unit

Hope this clear this up.

Mark

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just picked up my S3.

Had a good look around the car and i cant find the cd changer. the only thing i found was ... in the left hand compartment in the boot is a rectangular black plastic box with one side in white... havent got a clue as to what it is, also a loose rectangular connector with 8 pins (looks like only 7 are used though), and in the right hand compartment there seems to be an amplifier.

I am guessing the connector in the left is for a cd changer, but there doesnt seem to be any controls for it on the head unit, or am i just not looking hard enough?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi guys

sorry 2 but in but i have just got an S3 an mine i dont think has bose written on the head unit...does this mean i dont have the upgrade??? maybe a stupid q but i dont know....

having too much fun at the mo drivin it to look!

cheers

vez

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi rich

I am currently bidding on an audi sub. if i win (only an hr to go) i will see if that fits my car first, if not i will be in touch.

If it does work, i looks like i will have to buy a cd head unit.

Neil

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
can anyone tell me what the connector in the above picture (bottom one), is for, the sub or a cd changer?

Car is a 2002 51 plate audi S3

·
Registered
3 Posts
No idea if you sorted this or not but the connector you show at the bottom is for a BOSE sub. the CD changer cable is usually hidden behind rear pannel. Its normally a round connector (maybe an inch diameter) clipped to the front of the rear wheel arch on the left hand side near to where the clip for the back seats is.

I believe not all cars had the cable prefitted

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine's an 02' s3 with concert and bose,with the changer in the left hand cubby hole.

sounds like you should have a changer but it's gone walkies....

My stereo buttons were a bit tatty where the paint had come off, so i got a small tub of matt enamel paint from a model shop,and a super fine brush,

Good as new!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts