Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just bought myself a dark blue mk4 golf which has only got hub caps on it at the moment!

i have been looking into some sets of alloys and im undecided at the moment?! i have been looking at some audi s3 alloys off of eBay but im not sure if they look right or not? also someone on here is selling 16" 4motion alloys but dunno if they will look too small?

can anyone think of any other alloys that they think will look good? or know anyone thats selling some?

anyones help or opinions will be much appreciated thanks!

zach.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i think i am going to go for a set of 16" montreal alloys for the time being.

thanks for your help! [:D]

zach.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Have you looked at Santa Monicas?

You can get a set with tyres for very good money these days on tinternet, plus I think they look great (until they start to corrode which non gen ones will do after a year!)

·
Registered
2,513 Posts

You can get a set with tyres for very good money these days on tinternet, plus I think they look great (until they start to corrode which non gen ones will do after a year!)
You cant get reps any more they stopped making them. Look on ebay for some second hand ones, which will probably be corroded to sh1t, or if your lucky some genuine ones which are pretty rare.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
This was my Golf on V6 4motion wheels. I liked them a lot and opted for them over the Monty's because at the time they were cheaper and there are less of them around.

Posted Image

·
Registered
6,213 Posts

You cant get reps any more they stopped making them. Look on ebay for some second hand ones, which will probably be corroded to sh1t, or if your lucky some genuine ones which are pretty rare.
Saw some one ebay last week from the same place I got mine originally so they are still selling them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
This one looks good, in my opinion.
these look great but they aren't s3 alloys, these are rare s4 alloys in 18", i'd love a set but you never see them
Yeah, the s4's are stunning. There's a set for sale on Edition 38 forum for quite a good price, if i hadn't already bought a set of winter wheels for the bora I would have bought them for winters.

P.S. - regarding the original post, you'll need to lower it at least 40 with 17's and 18's to make it look un-4x4'ish.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts