Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right . . . I've been on here for a while now, thought it was about time I posted some pics.

A few of you might recognise it, it was previously owned by 'N11K DJ'on the forum, he made a good job of making it look exactly how I wanted my first Golf to look!!

Feel free to air your opinions . . .

(Thanks to Mikedav for pointing me in the direction of Photo Bucket)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dunno really, it was meant to be a 'cheapy' car, so I dont wanna start spending too much on it, especially with it being a 1.4.

Since I got it I've checked evrything out, so I know its a 'clean' car. I'll probably be thinking about upgrading next Easter, so dont wanna go spending any money I wont be getting back!!

Needs a good clean inside and out really, but its too hot to do that at the moment!!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I set out looking for a 1.4 with the idea of getting it colour coded and adding wheels, but when I saw this it was too hard to miss!! I paid a bit over the odds, but I had to have it!!

I'll definately be keeping it VAG, need to get some NCB behind me, but I hope to go for a 1.8T, either A3 or Golf.

Saying that, Im more than happy with my current car, 1.4 is enough for me, Im still only young, dont wanna be working just to pay for my car!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Very very tasty indeed [:p]

You just can't beat FK coilovers ........ (I got mine fitted yesterday)

Loving it low

RETRO [^]

·
Registered
287 Posts
Quote: posted by S1R SS on 08/06/2004 23:17:51

I set out looking for a 1.4 with the idea of getting it colour coded and adding wheels, but when I saw this it was too hard to miss!! I paid a bit over the odds, but I had to have it!!

I knew the car when it was nicks and yes the price was a high ish one but as you say all the colour coding had been done and only a short while before you got it! He shouldn't have sold it but at least it's still on the forum and it has a good owner. now go and clean the inside!

R

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My criteria was that it had to be black 3 door, average mileage, had to be a 's' not and 'e' (leccy windows etc), on a W plate I was looking at about ?6250, but when I saw this I didnt think twice!!

To make mine as good as that you're talking - Alarm (?300), Wheels/Tyres (?1600), Colour Coding (?250), Suspension (?650), he seemed like a genuine bloke, work had been done to a good standard etc so there was no point in me keep looking.

It looks good in those pics, but I wanna treat in to a clay/polish/wax ASAP. Wheels need a refurb, but thats big ?!!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cant wait to get them refurbed, diamond cut edge, remove all the kerbing, then they will bling!!

I gave them a good going over with some Turtle Wax wheel cleaner and was really impressed with the result.

Its gonna cost about ?90/wheel to refurb, after buying the laptop this week its gonna have to wait.

The car's got a really aggressive stance, again, all the credit should be aimed at N11K DJ . . .

·
Registered
283 Posts
All credit gladly received!! [;)]

Glad to see she is still looking good, was sad to see her go but need must.. If you decide to sell her on in a while then give me a shout mate! [:D]

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I must admit, I've been thinking about a 1.8T or a 130PD, but Im struggling to justify the extra cash. Ive decided to definately keep it now, absolutely love the car. There are no running costs and it looks superb, the whole speed issur really doesnt bother me!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

Nice car! I also have a 3 door 1.4S, in oceanic green. I still have the stock ugly looking black bumper mouldings/side protection strips. How much did it cost you to colour code yours and how did you go about doing it may I ask?

I've already got the GTI style rear lights and some 17" 5 spoke Apex wheels with Yoko's. Deffinatley needs lowering though, so saving up for that also.

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey obk, ive also got a 1.4s with the crappy plastic mouldings. I priced the parts myself and vw wanted 250 un-painted. Went to a local bodyshop and they rekons they can supply, paint and fit them for the same cash. The same guy done some work on my mums car a while ago and done a class A job.

My advice - Shop around mate!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Think I might have to deffinatley shop around now given what you've been qouted!

It seems I want too much at once...the lowering suspension kit, the painted mouldings, angel eyes, rear R32 spoiler. I hate this feeling!

Thanks matey,

OBK

1 - 20 of 24 Posts