Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I wasn't sure whether to post in the members rides section yet as my car is not finished! Oh well I can always post again in a week or so when my car will be 100% finished in terms of modifications.

Anyway last tues I got my suspension fitted at Awesome GTi. I went for FK High Tec Sports suspension kit which consists of matched springs and dampers and lowers the car about 40mm but is not adjustable. I am very pleased with the look and also the handling! The ride is certainly not too harsh for everyday use and the cornering is increased significantly! Even without uprated ARBS the car rolls significantly less around corners! I can now take on roundabouts even faster [}:)] and have found that my car CAN ACTUALLY skid now! ooops [:eek:)]. I have done some other things also such as colour coding, RCR rear lights, red calipers, brushed alu door pins, clear side repeaters, debadging, colour coded rear badge. Handles are next to be colour coded, then I will fit my stealth sub and a w8 light and it is finished. Anyway here are the pics (not particularly clean), let me know what you think:

Posted Image

That is my bro's new clio 172!

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
574 Posts
Looking very nice mate.

The handles will finish the outside off perfectly i think.

Cant believe someines actually close to having the outside near to how they want it, i dont know how long it is gonna take me, or much it is gonna cost, long way to go for me.

Excellent modding!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nice one Rye, the car looks so much better....

You've done well since the first time we met at cheshire Vag.

You might be able to take that round-about better on the way home from the Midlands meet this year.

[:)]

Might I suggest some tints next ????

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Looking good Rye - thumbs up!

Give it a couple of thousand miles and it should bed down nicely for you

The only thing wrong is that aerial...

Did you colour code the side rub strips yourself, or did you get somebody to do them for you?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Thanks for posting Mark, looks really good think i will go same. Still cant get over the three hour though loll. Cheers mate.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Is that a 1600 or a diesel?

Looks really good. Echo Sem, I like the black handles actually. Needs Polo wiper, stubby mast, and a non dating number plate! Sorted.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers for the comments guys! [:D]

Rivage: it is a 1600. I was thinking about getting the aero wipers, especially since my blades are totally worn! Might do it in April when I have $$$

Curley: Cheers... Yeh I got to walk to Salford. Trafford centre might be more entertaining

Sem: Cheers man. You really like the black handles? I've got the paint in the garage all ready [}:)]

Cat1.4: Cheers... My car will actually sit lower after 1000 miles? You sure? Cool! Yeh I did the colour coding myself last April... Quite a big job. I take it you can't tell whether it was done professionally or not? [^]

LOFLUX: Yeh man that roundabout is waiting for me [}:)] Tints.... Yeh I considered tints but I decided to get a digital camera instead. Would look good with tints though yeh... I'll see what I think of Gary's at NW meet.

Once again, cheers all [8D]

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Yep, i'm not kidding, black handles look nice.

Reminds me very much of my old car in its early stages, satin silver, RS4's and RCR's [:)]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Quote: posted by Rye on 13/01/2005 11:43:21

Cat1.4: Cheers... My car will actually sit lower after 1000 miles? You sure? Cool! Yeh I did the colour coding myself last April... Quite a big job. I take it you can't tell whether it was done professionally or not? [^]

Yeah, it'll settle to a couple of mm lower.

Couldn't fault the colour coding from those pics - looks great [^]

Oddly enough I agree that the black handles quite suit it - would make it a little different anyway...

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Cars looking good Mark, will look mint with the handles done. I was speaking to MikeDav on MSN the otherday and he was telling me about that suspension. Sounded like a great deal. Keep us updated on how they bed-in.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Mark,

Your car has come on leaps and bounds, I hope to see it at the NW meet with the handles coded.

Ride height looks perfect but Id recommend a rear ARB to make the most of the handling.

What are you doing with the valances? Are you still thinking of going at them with a spray can?

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Quote: posted by GaryM on 13/01/2005 22:36:25

Your car has come on leaps and bounds, I hope to see it at the NW meet with the handles coded.

You know where his inspiration comes from though right?!? [:p]

Rye, already talked to you mate but Ill repeat, looks spot on. Dare I say it...keep the black handles! I really like it, its different and makes your car unique. I would also be tempted to leave the valances because if you go aftermarket, the painted valances will be cash down the drain. Id get some Hella Micro DEs for the front or something next...or a new head gasket?

[;)]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts