1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Lovely Bora you've got there mate.  Nice and shiney!  Love that rear badge too.  Any more planned for it?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys... My plans so far are: W8 light, Aero wipers, possibly colour code the V6 front valance and rear valance.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Is that a custom exhaust you have on your bora ?

Is it a cat back system if so what sort of price did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking ?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Rye, im loving that! How about colour code the background of the rear VW badge? Stubby aerial too perhaps? Lovely motor.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I'm really liking bora's at the moment, i just like the shape of it for
some reason lol, i think my next car may actually be a bora after i get
my 1yr nc, also i like the way you've created your badgevery original
mate [y]

Sat

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the comments so far guys! I'm planning a similar polishing session, but this time I'm going to wax it as well, just before the next NW meet! I was so pleased with the results, looked like a proper "UK-MKIVS Car"!

A9X SJ: The exhaust is literally just a tail pipe. So it is a pipe welded on from the back box, purely for cosmetic reasons. Also, the guy I bought the car from did it, so I have no idea of costs. It is outward rolled, rather than inward like Milteks etc, so not to everyone's taste. As Tabs said, "what's that baked bean can on the back of your car?" HEHE [:p] I would probably get something similar to what Blue V5 has if I could afford it.

MikeTDI: Cheers mate. Yeh been thinking about doing the rear badge. It's slightly more complicated on the Bora with it being part of the lock and also the background is rubber. I think it has been done though so I'll look into it. Not too sure about the stubby aerial, I don't get very good reception as it is. In fact, I don't use the radio due to the reception being so bad... Maybe I should get a new aerial base and then get a stubby.

Tabs: Yeh I quite like the wheels! Very OEM looking. Ideally I'd go for 18" BMW CSL Reps from Rochford Tyres [:D]

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Looks good mate, the paintwork looks spot on for a V Reg, is it a 2000 or a 1999?

Those are the Sport rearlamps, looking good but I reckon some USA spec lamps would look really good on that colour background of the car!!

Larger wheels and some lowering will make it look so much more different as well in the future if you decide to head down that route.

Have you got any interior shots?

I am missing my Bora seeing all these new Bora's popping up on the forum, not fair!!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks good mate, the paintwork looks spot on for a V Reg, is it a 2000 or a 1999?

It is a 2000 (Feb I think). The paintwork does look good! Under unnatural light there are some swirls and light scratches that I would like to get rid of somehow.

Those are the Sport rearlamps, looking good but I reckon some USA spec lamps would look really good on that colour background of the car!!

Are they standard on the sport spec cars? They look good I reckon. Would consider USA ones when I have the money.

Larger wheels and some lowering will make it look so much more different as well in the future if you decide to head down that route.

It is lowered 30mm. I would consider further lowering and bigger wheels but it all depends on money [:(]

Have you got any interior shots?

I'll get some up soon. It has original VW mats which are protected by using rubber mats over the top. I would consider spraying wood trim.. Did you do that? Did it scratch easily?

I am missing my Bora seeing all these new Bora's popping up on the forum, not fair!!

Your bora was lovely mate. Liking the new beast too!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
The paintwork on mine had held up well so it doesn't surprise me that yours is looking as good as it does!!

They are standard on the Sports Spec Bora's but also on some of the trendline versions, just depends on what extras where specified on the car when it was built in Mexico!! You can get the US spec rearlamps pretty cheap from ECSTuning I believe, We actually make them but I am not allowed to sell an SAE lamp for fitment on an ECE vehcile, bummer!!

Bigger wheels and a drop are well worth it mate but I know what you mean about the cash situation.

Original VW mats, that's good, mine had holes in them due to high mileage and I never replaced them, cheapskate!!

As for the wooden trim, that was the first mod I ever did, I can post some pics if you like but it didn't scratch too badly and I didn't even lacquer it, looks a lot better than the wood trim even when you can't afford the Alu trim costs.

Cheers mate, F4T4SS has had a knock this week and needs a new drivers wing mirror!! Superb does what it says on the tin and I am just looking forward to sorting these summer rims out for the shows if I can find a stand to go on, LOL!!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Nice one Rye, it looks great. Get the blueflame exhaust asap, it sounds
even better than it does now. I've got nothing bad to say about my
exhaust at all, still perfect. Bar the ?100 TT comps it's the best
bargain on the car!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts