Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone [:D]

Picked this car up 3 weeks back now, and all i can say is wow! So much better than the hand me down corsa i was driving!

So, i payed £1700 for the car. Some service history. 12 months mot and 6 months tax. 4 new tyres. In super clean condition, but needed a few minor things interior wise. All was looking good until the cv joints starting knocking really bad and there was play in the track rod ends!

Car is currently on 133,000 miles

I want to do a few sutle mods to it, so if you guys can suggest me things to do, then that would be great [:D]

So, what do you think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Welcome bud, and its the VW Scene [;)] I tried editing your links but I think you can't show them because of how you have uploaded them.

Dan

·
Registered
136 Posts
Looks in good nick for 1700 quid mate.

First things would be to drop it a little bit. 40mm springs and shocks would be a decent start or coilovers and slam it if you really wanna be in with the 'scene'.

Another thing would be the rear wiper. Completey get rid, or put a Mk5 Golf one on.

Dont worry though, you'll soon get the bug and you'll find yourself spending spending and spending!

P.S. Space those rear wheels out a bit [;)]

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Crossy - cheers mate [:D] I have bought some JOM coilovers to go on there. Im also fitting 2 new CV joints and tracking rod arms/end at the same time. So that sound sort the handling and stance out nicely.

Whats the pros and cons to spacers? What would i need all together?

Discs are rusty, so all new pads and discs all around is on the cards as soon as. Got a price from halfords for £110 for the lot. What would you lot do? Upgrade or run these for now. Not looking to spend loads!

I have been looking at aero wipers for the rear. Just gotta find one to buy [:D]

·
Registered
103 Posts
looks like a nice start mate, you can get some nice upgrades from your local dealer i work for vw and have got alot of nice oem stuff on mine!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Crossy - cheers mate
I have bought some JOM coilovers to go on there. Im also fitting 2 new CV joints and tracking rod arms/end at the same time. So that sound sort the handling and stance out nicely.

Whats the pros and cons to spacers? What would i need all together?

Discs are rusty, so all new pads and discs all around is on the cards as soon as. Got a price from halfords for £110 for the lot. What would you lot do? Upgrade or run these for now. Not looking to spend loads!

I have been looking at aero wipers for the rear. Just gotta find one to buy
Ahh nice one. I run the JOM's. If you want to go low on the back, dont install the adjuster. With them they dont go quite low enough, even on the bottom thread.

Spacers. Bit of a love hate thing. Some people say their perfectly fine, others say they're dangerous. Aslong as you have a decent make of hubcentric's you shouldnt have any problems at all. Pros of them are a better stance + makes the wheels fill the arches a lot more.

Unless you're gonna be after big power gains from it, replacement discs and pads from Halfrauds will be fine. If youre gonna be re-mapping, bigger turbo etc then might be worth looking at some better brakes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i think you should

replace the wheels with BBS LMs, black centre with red lip

drop it 35mm

rear v6 4mo splitter with twin tailpipes

black roof or vinyl

front debadged grill in black

mirrors in black

rear gti oem spoiler in black

light smoke tints

black 'b' piller mod

and finally lol but not least front anni splitter

[;)]

·
Registered
136 Posts
i think you should

replace the wheels with BBS LMs, black centre with red lip

drop it 35mm

rear v6 4mo splitter with twin tailpipes

black roof or vinyl

front debadged grill in black

mirrors in black

rear gti oem spoiler in black

light smoke tints

black 'b' piller mod

and finally lol but not least front anni splitter

Just like every other Mk4 in the country then [;)]

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
its 5 speed. I looked into this, but got confused. Its not a PD engine, so i assume its a 110bhp one. Some places say 115 and others 110!

Im looking to drop around 30mm, as i drive on country lanes etc so dont want it to lower. I shouldnt have any problems dropping 30mm should i?

Valance's are deff on the list of things to do. Not sure which ones yet tho.

Not sure on the wheels too?

Thanks for the comments tho [:D]

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Nice car and cheap too at £1700.

Reckon 30mm drop should be fine anywhere. Ive got mine slammed on coilovers and we have to drive on country lanes too with no real problems

·
Vag addict
5,480 Posts
welcome to the Vw world - remember, "less is more" and halfords isn't the best place to buy car parts.

I'm sure that reading the forum and having a look at what you like about other peoples cars you'll be golden.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts