Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
don't know what I'd go for mate but I was in an RX-8 (232bhp) the other day as my mate runs a Mazda garage:

Nice looking,sound of engine fantastic although I thought it would have been quicker, nice inside with some neat touches.

Downside having to carry a bottle of oil around all the time as the thing guzzles the stuff although not quite as much as it guzzles fuel(15mpg), I think the serveice intervals are something like every 6K, not too sure about the suicide doors.

You probably know most of this anyway but hope it helps.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I like the RX8 a lot, but I had a good look around a lovely blue 350Z a few months ago and fell for it completely. And the noise it makes is fabulous.

350Z for me.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
another vote for the 350Z, I like the design features of the RX8 and you get to say you have a Wannkel engine, but the oil, and fuel would put me off.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I love the RX-8 as a more practical better value car, but if you can stretch to the 350Z then i have heard its just pure muscle car and such a beast.... also well equiped for the money.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Defintely 350Z; rarer than Mazda. The RX-8 is quite common @Lincoln for a sports car(sadly far too many locals buy something called a Rover, even that ridiculous Cityrover). RX-8 Running costs would put me off; silly service intervals, oil consumption etc.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was one of the first RX8 owners but if I was going to buy a similar car again I'd go for the 350Z. I've had a test drive but it didn't really turn me on at the time, mainly the cheap plastics but the sound didn't really excite as much as I thought it would and not as good as the R32.

When the 350z roadster comes out I might go for that to reduce the the outlay of the Porsche.[:)]

·
Registered
666 Posts
I test drove both "just in case" they were better than the R32!

Definitely the 350Z - It's blo*dy quick and looks fanstastic with the Rays alloys. Shame there's no back seats!

Liked the Mazda but the engine just didn't do it for me but it's beautifully balanced and looks great in black.

Still prefer the R32 though!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Z for me too.

I really like the RX8 but there are a couple of angles where I'm not sure i like it. Where as the 350Z I love from any angle.

·
Registered
512 Posts
RX8 isnt all that, its doing well thanks to its doors, engine and styling - its not a real sports car as such, the 350Z with a 3.5 v6 powering the rear wheels - yes please. Shame the interior is so cack or there would be one on my driveway.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Tom - Have you driven one a 350Z?

I found it very good to drive but the horribly squeaky dash (it has 3.5k miles on it) and notchy gearchange (may have been faulty) were a suprise.

BOSE stereo good but I agree that the interior doesn't quite have what it takes. Seen far worse though - Have you driven a new shape Celica?!!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Not driven the Z yet - dont want to as it may tempt me?

New Celica - strangely enough I did, I drove my freinds one about 2 weeks ago - not mu cuppa at all although it was better than I thought it would be as I dont like them anyway.

Not a great fan of Jap motors, they just lack soul.

·
Registered
226 Posts
350Z here. The Mazda stance is too high and looks like a scared cat!!

Not huge Nissan fan, but would love to have a 350Z [:D]

·
Registered
666 Posts
Tom - Nor me.

Tried loads but they just don't do it for me although they seem well put together.

Seem to be very much in favour with the Barry boy brigade too.

One simply cannot be seen to dip to the level of a council estate oik can one?![}:)][;)]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts