Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw one yesterday in red looked quite good + like the sound of that Self Humiliationle engine! 1.3 giving out 230Bhp yes please!

Don't know about those suicide doors though, anyone driven one?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Quote: posted by jodeci on 26/03/2004 10:53:22

Saw one yesterday in red looked quite good + like the sound of that Self Humiliationle engine! 1.3 giving out 230Bhp yes please!

Don't know about those suicide doors though, anyone driven one?

[:D]self humiliation[:D] lol!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Try a test drive - awesome car - trying to convince the Mrs to swap her MX-5 for one. That engine is so linear, I though well this isn't a patch on my Golf until I realised that I was well into 3 figures on the local private test track - ahhhhm.

The other thing that was a laugh is that the sales guy didn't realise that it has a change up chime, as we are valued customers (Kate has had a number of Mazdas from the group in the past)we were allowed out to play on our own [}:)] I found the chime in 2nd joining the M27.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I heard it goes all the way to 9000 revs. Id like to get one to trash for a while, the MX-5 is a nice roadster but not really a mans car. I saw some pics of the RX-7 it looks real nice anyone know when that's out?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Looked at one too. Like the looks, quite practical, handles brilliantly but just can't get on with the engine. Souless and hard to judge where you are in the rev range!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
My friend had one on a test drive for a week....

He took me out in it and I was bloody pooing myslelf! It is like a moterbike that thing, grips the road so well. 230 bhp I believe..... I htink he is getting one lol.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what do you think of the interior? compared to the VW/audis I don't know if it holds up, although saying that the new golf doesn't look the may west inside!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
It was not bad mate, not bad at all.

This one had bose speakers and a strange piano black plastic stuff! A bit futuristic... A bit nasty for me and not a patch on the "piristine" Mk4, however it really is a beast.

My suggestion if your thinking about getting one is keeping the interior as basic as possible.... keep it black and simple.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
don't these engines have a lot of trouble with flooding/not starting. I think if you look into the mazda forums there are quite a few complaints.

What am I talking about, if you look into this forum there are quite a few complaints [;)]

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
My mate got one of these last thrusday...he took me for a spin in it last night....Very odd is all i can say. The engine makes a strange noise (sounds like it battery powered), it seems to handle very well and corners very flat with minimal body roll. The interior is nice enough, but not to my style.

Just remember to close the rear doors 1st! [:I]

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
yeah but you can wind as much boost as you like in them to! no rods or pistons to compromise! my mate has one... interior is a bit... hmmmm Essex RS/XR3 - ish... not bad quality thou..

·
Registered
63 Posts
my cousins got one....great car...but he's topping up with 1 litre oil every month apparantly. Also the fuel consumption is very high when ur driving it hard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Heard somewhere that the RX8 is actually 2 engine glued togather. 2 x 650cc each giving out 115 bhp. That is just mad. Also a 1 year old one will sell for the same price as a brand new one because of the waiting list.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts