1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Hi Rick and Wilko

Yes this will be covered via warranty

Rick is it possible for you to email me some pics? [email protected]

We will not bury our head on this and we will sort this out for you

PM me or get in touch here , I just prefer to solve problems off the public forums that is all

Be publicly , yes this is in hand

Sarah

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Hi Rick and Wilko

Yes this will be covered via warranty

Rick is it possible for you to email me some pics? [email protected]

We will not bury our head on this and we will sort this out for you

PM me or get in touch here , I just prefer to solve problems off the public forums that is all

Be publicly , yes this is in hand

Sarah
can't argue with a service like this!!!pity you are not closer.i'd buy an exhaust system off you,myself!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
If it is just the tailpipes showing some "rust" it could actually just be the brown discolouration that you will get on any stainless prodcut that has heat applied to it! (take a look at the front pipe if you have a stainless one and see if you can see any shiny bit!)

A bit of metal polish will sort it out, if its just discolouration/ tarnishing.

but if its rusty, its rusty.....!?!?

·
Vendor
1,041 Posts
Its all a bit techy, but the gist of it is that the compound milltek used to use to polish the tail pipes with

reacted with the new salt that was put on roads, so they changed the compound!

Had no problems for ages now!

Hope this helps

Dean

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok,i got an email from Sarah at awesome and she had a word with the technician and his answer was "put some scotch brite on it" . Lol, i don't think so, ?500 and put some scotch brite on it. I have used auto glym metal polish and auto sol and to no avail. Yes it took the rust stain off, but didn't get rid of the pitted bits. I am still awaiting Sarah's return email, so i will let you know when i find out some more.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Ok,i got an email from Sarah at awesome and she had a word with the technician and his answer was "put some scotch brite on it" . Lol, i don't think so, ?500 and put some scotch brite on it. I have used auto glym metal polish and auto sol and to no avail. Yes it took the rust stain off, but didn't get rid of the pitted bits. I am still awaiting Sarah's return email, so i will let you know when i find out some more.
It does work, honest;

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Why not resolve the problem with them instead of shouting about it on a public forum?

As posted above its not that daft an idea, I've used scotch pads on my Milltek with great success along with other metal polishes like Brasso and Peak Polish.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The only person shouting on here sunshine is you! If you don't like it don't get involved. I have nothing to shout about and believe it will be sorted out in a civil manner. And also there are people waiting to hear the outcome before they spend their money, that is one usage of a forum (info).

I would say go for it and buy one of these exhausts they are the top's, and a lot better than the rest on sale. I studied long and hard to find an exhaust to match my own personal criteria and the milltek won hand's down on all accounts.[Y]

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have used them on more than one occasion too and don't have issues with them mate. After all, they don't make the exhausts and i wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. I have recommended them many a time before now, and will continue to do so. I will try anything anyone suggests to get rid of it if it stay's gone. Cheer's for your advice though khutula, i will pick some of that up too and give it a go.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The only person shouting on here sunshine is you! If you don't like it don't get involved. I have nothing to shout about and believe it will be sorted out in a civil manner. And also there are people waiting to hear the outcome before they spend their money, that is one usage of a forum (info).

I would say go for it and buy one of these exhausts they are the top's, and a lot better than the rest on sale. I studied long and hard to find an exhaust to match my own personal criteria and the milltek won hand's down on all accounts.[Y]
Sunshine? I like it [:D]

You ran over here to tell us what a silly idea it was to use scotchbrite pads when many of us have in fact used the very same with great success.
When you're trying for warranty claims its probably not a great idea trying to make a garage look silly on a public forum.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok sorry if i misunderstood. Milltek are now sending  2  replacement tailpipes out to me as i could not get to the factory in Derby on a week day. So thank you to Debbie at Milltek, And a big thank you to Sarah from Awsome.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Glad to hear you've got a result.
I assume refitting will be at your cost? If so then its a little harsh if Milltek accept they've provided a faulty product within the first 12 months.
Were they willing to fit for you if you visited them?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.