Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ko3s ready to fit to my AGU 1.8T, with a view to getting it Jabba'd up large. My car has been S/Chipped a long while ago, and it goes quite nicely. The car has a Full Milltek, standard air inteake and custom TIP.

My question is this, will it harm the engine is I fit the Sport, will the mixture be affected? will i have to keep the boost to a minimum? by lightening the right foot, Dont fancy burning valves etc. I cant get to Jabba until January, as they are fully booked up, but have the chance of getting the Turbo fitted sooner, but will it harm the donkey. If i do, will i have to drive like my Gran to ensure no damage?

Any thoughts?

Many thanks

Dave

[?][?][:O]

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I'm sure that Tim_Sims had a Sport on his for a good few months with no problems before he got his new Revo map put on.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi i spoke to mike about this from jabbasport and it will be just fine running it like this for as long as you need to,also you could exspect up to 235 bhp from this.

Hope this helps.

cheers jamie.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spoke to Elton from Jabba yesterday and he seemed to have a differing thought. Burnt valves etc was mentioned.

Dave

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thats a totally diffrent thing to what mike said to me at inters this year,but saying that i know mike very well maybe elton wants the job sooner rather then later.

4low

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Sorry to veer off the topic slightly, but $low, youre car is looking good!!!, any more pictures?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes there will be some pics after christmas things are still in motion at the minute,be patient,all good things come to those who wait.

And thanks for the comment.

cheers 4low

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I spoke to Elton and he told me not to put the ko3s on until the remap as well, I did though and have been running for a motnh or two now no problems. no extra power but then again as boost is standard I didn't expect any until after the remap. Into Jabba 9th Dec! Can't wait.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I cant get booked into Jabba until Jan, they are fully booked, apart from just before christmas, I dont really want to be running around the country just before christmas! I may fit it, but not sure.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Had ine on for about 5-6k now....... no extra power but no probs either. Still not sure of what to do as for a map. Dont fancy the treck to jabba so i've ordered a MBC and will bang a 4bar on to!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Daft question, which has probably been covered a thousand times... but which engine has the KO3S in the first place? My assumption was that it was the 180 VVT engines... like the AUQ in mine?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Ah cheers Gary... so does that mean that the Anni wasn't a AUQ then? (just going by the fact that jubbly has had a K03s fitted).

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Quote: posted by Bowdie on 25/11/2004 13:25:00

I think Jubbly has an Anni & a 1998AGU - I thought the same as you for a start chris[;)]

Some people are darn greedy [:p]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by Chris on 25/11/2004 06:31:32

Ah cheers Gary... so does that mean that the Anni wasn't a AUQ then? (just going by the fact that jubbly has had a K03s fitted).

The petrol Anni's did have AUQ engines.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts