1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
lol, it would be interesting to see what he's done to achieve the performance he has.
I've had run-ins with 172's and 182's from from standing starts and on the move including higher speed runs on the autobahn [:)] I've never struggled against one in any one of those scenerio's.

Whats the most popular performance mods for them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no it definatly wasnt stock cos even the standard v6 would struggle to match that! whatever he has had done to it will prob thrash the f*** out of it and it wont last two weeks!.. lol .. im still feeling humiliated though cos he had an annoying smug look on his face, if you see him.. waste the f****r!!! lol

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
You should have seen the smug smile on my face when a skyline had a few minor problems against me, and especially when he saw the TDI badge[<:eek:)]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
You should have seen the smug smile on my face when a skyline had a few minor problems against me, and especially when he saw the TDI badge[<:eek:)]
Ditto though I bet the TDI badge on your 'van' worked much better!!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I previously had one! She was quick!! I had 145 on clock with 17" wheels, so probably not far off 150!

BUT - i went to a 180 Golf Anni! had 2 encounters with a clio! a 172 facelift and a 182! Had em both - but only just!! there is no way you will lose with 260 horses (unless you are setting off in 6th lol)

Know what you mean! I got paced by a beat up 106 rallyee last week! Took 3 figures to lose him! I was f**ked off and majorly disappointed to say the least!!! So I got a remap! [:D] I hope he tries again!

·
Registered
906 Posts
My mate has a 182 and i can keep up with him till i hit 4th. Not bad with a standard tdi anniversary. Next is a remap.

He is always ragging it since he got it lowered and has started using the cliosport forum.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
i've had a couple of run in with clios..............they are RAPID little cars.

i'm running around 210-220bhp and these clios are tricky to shake

·
Registered
668 Posts
Sorry guys but have to say, IDIOTS! Do you have any idea what the limit is!! Maybe you'll take notice when one of you crashes at that sort of speed! GRRR! [:mad:]

Needed saying.

·
Registered
398 Posts
no it definatly wasnt stock cos even the standard v6 would struggle to match that! whatever he has had done to it will prob thrash the f*** out of it and it wont last two weeks!.. lol .. im still feeling humiliated though cos he had an annoying smug look on his face, if you see him.. waste the f****r!!! lol
Was it turbo`ed mate???.....I know some tuners are charging the 172/182 lumps.......and they go like stink!!!!!!..No weight to em at all either.....my mate had a standard 182...but dam did it feel un-safe at high speed......is like being in an egg box.....LOL

EDIT.... Not that you would want to of course...but to confirm these rapid little buggers...check out www.k-tecracing.com 260-302BHP.......MENTAL!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
yah they will go like stink with that turbo power, and not long after there go BANG LOL! what ideot would spend 5.5k on a clio to gain that kind of power, i been in one of the cups and though they are fast they feel soooo unsafe at high speeds

·
Registered
4 Posts
My mate has a 182 and i can keep up with him till i hit 4th. Not bad with a standard tdi anniversary. Next is a remap.

He is always ragging it since he got it lowered and has started using the cliosport forum.
MMMMmmmmmmm!!!

"My mate has a 182 and i can keep up with him till i hit 4th." Coming off a roundabout in a line of 3, with the first one being a lorry holding up the clio followed by yourself, isn't really a good basis for a fair judgement. We were trying to catch a CTR. I sure you can figure the rest of that story out.

"He is always ragging it...." Erm, how would you know? I do the odd spurts on the motorway, but raggin it??

All that a side, I think there is a score to be settled......(to be continued)........

·
Registered
1,236 Posts

MMMMmmmmmmm!!!

"My mate has a 182 and i can keep up with him till i hit 4th." Coming off a roundabout in a line of 3, with the first one being a lorry holding up the clio followed by yourself, isn't really a good basis for a fair judgement. We were trying to catch a CTR. I sure you can figure the rest of that story out.

"He is always ragging it...." Erm, how would you know? I do the odd spurts on the motorway, but raggin it??

All that a side, I think there is a score to be settled......(to be continued)........
lol don't worry mate, most of us know a standard anni TDI could not keep up with a 182!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
yah they will go like stink with that turbo power, and not long after there go BANG LOL! what ideot would spend 5.5k on a clio to gain that kind of power, i been in one of the cups and though they are fast they feel soooo unsafe at high speeds
Erm, dare I say it, its down to the driver. At high speeds a small car may feel unsafe if your use to a larger car. Golf's (which are excellent cars, I'm not arguing) do weigh more and bein larger may give you a better feeling of safety at high speeds.

If you know anybody with a Clio you should have guessed that the, 'Idiots' are usually quite young. And as you have probably found on your golf, when you get into modifying, there is a heck of a lot you can do. And I be willing to bet as with some golf owners, that they don't tell the insurance company. Insurance isn't too bad for a young person on a clio, especially compared to a powerful golf.

5.5k for a conversion. MMmmm, bit steep. So I'll agree that this is in the realm of an idiot. Unless that is for more than just the engine conversion. I've seen a Clio with a TT engine in it. Pushing out about 400+/- odd bhp. This person has spend oodles more on mod's. I won't call this person an idiot, more of a genius to be fair.

All depends on what you want, plus the challenge.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts