Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you think I should fit to my Reflex Silver Bora PD150?

I would be going for 18's.

Anyone any pictures of the two? So as I could compare?

Thanks in advance.

Rich

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RS6s. The RS4s are far to common now.
Yes, this is true, but where I live, there aren't really any Bora's around never mind with RS4's LOL. Or Golf's for that matter. Really need to see the difference of them on the car, but both are nice wheels.

·
Registered
30 Posts
IMO RS4's look the better out of the two. I have a set of 19" RS4's for sale with Dunlop sport sp tyres (loads of tread left). Pm me if your interested.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In terms of both of these wheels, let's face it they are common both on the road and on the forum, however they do look like an OEM wheel and generally suit the Bora and Golf.

Check this link out for some pics of mine on RS4's:

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/335532/ShowPost.aspx
Cheers mate, car look's well. How much of a drop is that? Look's like I would have to lower mine a little too if I swap the wheels.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
My 2p...

Big Brakes then RS6's

Standard Brakes then RS4's

Personal choice though are the 4's, which I've got, but I guess I'm a bit common anyway so I don't give a monkies.

........But as for being common, I've yet to see a Golf or Bora with them on other than on here.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I know the 4's are more common, but IMO they really are the nicest out of the two.  I like RS4's but dont particularly like RS6's, just think they look too 'busy'.....there's just something about them that puts me right off.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Imo go for the RS4s. As mentioned, a bit common but it suits the
Mk4 more. I love the RS6s but it's quite an aggressive looking 5
spoker which works better on the A3 for some reason.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
In terms of both of these wheels, let's face it they are common both on the road and on the forum, however they do look like an OEM wheel and generally suit the Bora and Golf.

Check this link out for some pics of mine on RS4's:

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/335532/ShowPost.aspx
Cheers mate, car look's well. How much of a drop is that? Look's like I would have to lower mine a little too if I swap the wheels.
I have fitted and Eibach Pro Damper Kit which consists of Springs and Shocks lowering her 35mm, not low enough for my liking but she looks OK!!

I had the wheels fitted before the suspension and all I can say is that it looked like a tractor!! Not good!!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Apologies to the owner of this pic for nicking it but my choice would be the RS6 in 18

IMO they look meaty when the car is stationary and cool on the roll.[H]

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
18's or 19's though???
Well if I were buying them again from scratch I would by 19's but then if your not going to lower the car it will look silly.

Depends how deep your pocket is mate, LOL!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
For what the small amount of difference is for a wheel/tyre package go for the 19 RS6 you will not regret it -trust me!!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For what the small amount of difference is for a wheel/tyre package go for the 19 RS6 you will not regret it -trust me!!!!
The difference is approx ?350. This money though could be used to lower the car onto 18's???

The pockets at the moment aren't too deep, the wife and I are waiting on her going into labour with our first child, maybe I should wait while next year save a little more, seeing as the bad weather is coming??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts