Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everyone must be getting bored seeing my car all the time at meets or at shows, but I thought I would show some pictures (just a few). <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

It?s been 4 years that I have owned this car now and I still love driving it. I normally sell my cars after two years, but I can?t quite seem to sell it yet, unless the other half makes me?

Please let me know if there are any bits and bobs I can do to improve my car?<o:p></o:p>

Thanks Kev?

<o:p></o:p>

Some spec details first????<o:p></o:p>

Car:
2001 Golf GTI AUM 150bhp 1800 Four Cylinder 20v Turbo

<o:p> </o:p>

Engine:
<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = U1 /><U1:p></U1:p>Jabba Sport Engine Management Remap
<U1:p></U1:p>ECS Tuning Cold Air Intake, with Jabba Sport INVO Metal Air Filter and Stainless Heat Shield (to keep the intake pipe cool)
<U1:p></U1:p>Full Samco Turbo Pipes
<U1:p></U1:p>Samco Turbo Intake Pipe
<U1:p></U1:p>ABD Racing Oversized Lower Intercooler Tube
<U1:p></U1:p>Milltek Ultra Flow CAT
<U1:p></U1:p>Milltek Stainless Anniversary Exhaust
<U1:p></U1:p>Forge Motorsport Uprated Intercooler
<U1:p></U1:p>GFB (Go Faster Bits) Atmospheric and Recycling By Pass Valve
<U1:p></U1:p>Uprated Powerflex Front Bushes
<U1:p></U1:p>Dog Bone Mount (only one of the bushes changed to minimise vibration inside the car)<O:p></O:p><o:p></o:p>

<U1:p></U1:p>Chassis: <O:p></O:p>
8.5x19 " BBS Challenger (CH) Rims
235/35 R19 Toyo Proxes T1-S Tyres
<U1:p></U1:p>Fully Adjustable Weitec Hicon TX Coilovers (Adjustable Front and Rears)ABD Lightweight Front Anti Roll Bar and Bushes.
<U1:p></U1:p>Front ECS Tuning Stage 4 355mm Porsche Brakes
<U1:p></U1:p>Rear 308mm ECS Tuning Stage 1.<O:p></O:p><o:p></o:p>

Body Styling: <O:p></O:p>
Anniversary Front and Rear Valances
3 door R32 Side Skirts
<U1:p></U1:p>R32 Rear Roof Spoiler
<U1:p></U1:p>Front R32 Aero Wipers
<U1:p></U1:p>Polo Rear Aero Wiper
<U1:p></U1:p>Debadged Bonnet
<U1:p></U1:p>Debadged Front Bumper
FK Automotive Debadged Grill
<U1:p></U1:p>Audi TT arch liner vent behind the Intercooler to aid air flow
<U1:p></U1:p>Golf and GTI Badges Removed From Tailgate and Replaced with RS Badge From Audi RS4.
Hella Darker GTI Rear Clusters<O:p></O:p><o:p></o:p>

<U1:p></U1:p><U1:p></U1:p>Inside:
<O:p></O:p>Recaro Interior Re Trimmed with Full Carisma Black Leather and Red Stitching including Head Rests and Door Cards, Gear Gator and Handbrake retrimmed to match
W8 interior light
<U1:p></U1:p>Climate Control
<U1:p></U1:p>Sunroof
<U1:p></U1:p>Bora Vents including lights<O:p></O:p><o:p></o:p>

<U1:p></U1:p>Ice: <O:p></O:p>
Standard VW Head Unit with 6 Disc in Dash Changer.<O:p></O:p>

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

<o:p>
Posted Image
</o:p>

Rolling Road day at Engine Advantages in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place>Essex, in July 2005</st1:place>: (Link to the event - http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/272619/ShowPost.aspx)

<o:p>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/kpearson/rollingroad.jpg</o:p>

<o:p>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/kpearson/KIF_0097.jpg</o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Possible Future Mods:<o:p></o:p>

SAT Nav

Samco Coolant hoses - not to sure how these will help, but I guess they will look good

R32 Interior Trim, Stearing Wheel and Pedals

<o:p>Thank you for taking time to read this and any comments would be great</o:p>

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Nice car Kevin, i will see your car in the flesh one day loll

One of the best if not the best on here matey.. Awesome

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Mate the car looks class, simple!!

The best MKIV on here if you ask me and having been in it and seen how clean it is the pics don't do it justice!!

Who's is the sexy Bora in the background, LOL!!

As for improvements, Sat Nav and the Aluminium Interior Trim mate.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
To finish it off is going to cost ya [:p]

R32 trim, R-line wheel, 42drafts pod and either a stewart warner or omori boost gauge.

Do you have headlight protectors of any sort? If not i'd sort some out sharpish the replacement headlights are an insane price!!

Extremely complete car though.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
That car is stunning and gives me inspeartion the get my black 3dr just as nice and i'm along way off.

Can i ask why is there a different induction kit fitted on the rolling road pictures to the other pics?

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Kev,

Your car is just the best.. I just can't fault it in anyway. It is what I want my car to be, but I just somehow don't think it will match it. I absolutely love seeing it at every meet, it's just the dogs wobbly bits, it really is.

Those first three pictures are just amazing, really uber cool, imo anyway. I know I heard you talking about selling her on sunday, I think as you said you've had her for four years and you still love driving her, so I tink that says it all really ! Imo, it's the best car on here.

If you do.. I'll be first in the queue ! [;)]

Christ.. just read that back.. sounds well gushing doesn't it, it's not meant to be !

·
BORA owner&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
1,624 Posts
drool, drool, drool, one of the best , if not THE best 3 door black golf on this forum, it just may have given me the kick i need to get started on mine!!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Looks mint mate. Looking forward to seeing her at a meet sometime soon. Definitely go for the brushed alu bits, I think they look great against leather.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Maybe get rid of the 'yolk' effect in the headlights with Silvatec/Silvervision bulbs?

Other than that, PERFECT. Best Mk4 ever in my opinion.Great balance of show and go.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Maybe get rid of the 'yolk' effect in the headlights with Silvatec/Silvervision bulbs?
You can't get rid of the "fried egg look" with the Xenons, they're like that because the glass is actually orange in those, whereas the standard MK4 sets just look orange due to the reflection from orange bulbs within the indicator housing! [;)]

·
Registered
639 Posts
You can't get rid of the "fried egg look" with the Xenons, they're like that because the glass is actually orange in those, whereas the standard MK4 sets just look orange due to the reflection from orange bulbs within the indicator housing! [;)]
Oh how I look like an idiot.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Kev you car looks better each time i see it , and it goes very nice aswell , and fantastic breaks , what more can you do to it ,

The R32 Pedal's would look smart [:D]

Many hours of hard work gone into such a fine example of a mkiv [:)]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice car Kevin, i will see your car in the flesh one day loll

One of the best if not the best on here matey.. Awesome
I'm sure one of these days our paths will cross...

Hopefully see you in the future [:D]

1 - 20 of 96 Posts