Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my Bora. It has taken a while to find the right one, as I wanted the bigger VW alloys, Xenons and the Leather Recaros

Have not had my car long, but due to the great weather today I thought I would give my car a good clean.

I'm getting coilovers soon but until then here's my car:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm not really planning any mods, as this car is to be my every day car, as I have a highly modded Renault 5 as a track day car and toy....[:D]

Any cheap mods that people could recommend would be great.

Any comments are welcome....

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Looks absolutely spot on, bloody lovely. Xenons too [:)]

I recommend an oettigner grille and US tail lights, but then I would!

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks absolutely spot on, bloody lovely. Xenons too [:)]

I recommend an oettigner grille and US tail lights, but then I would!

Posted Image

Posted Image
RS Golf had shown me pictures of your Old V6 Bora, as he knew I wanted one, and he wanted to show me what level to aim for.

I think your Bora is (was) great.

Where did you get the US Tail Lights from and how much were they? I would love to have them, as they look great on Black Boras.

Are they legal to have them on UK Boras?

What suspension did you have? did you lower it and if so how much?

Cheers

Baz

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Lovely looking car mate and very clean too...! [:D]

As Mike has said, a different front grill and some US rears would look great (although i prefer the smoked GLI version [;)])

Longbeaches, Recaros and xenons, i'm sooooo jealous...!! [:'(]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lovely looking car mate and very clean too...! [:D]

although i prefer the smoked GLI version [;)])

Longbeaches, Recaros and xenons, i'm sooooo jealous...!! [:'(]
Cheers dude

What do the smoked GLI rear lights look like, are they the same but with black/dark grey sections where the clear bits are?

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
As Mike has said, a different front grill and some US rears would look great (although i prefer the smoked GLI version [;)])
Me too!!

They didn't do them when I got mine, I think I was the first in the UK with US tails? Which was nice (if brief). www.ecstuning.com
is where I got them, though I think they have put the price of shipping
up a bit. They passed MOT. Just need orange indicator bulbs and a red
bulb for the fog light.

I actually had stock sports suspension, never got round to lowering
it as I ended up buying the BMW. My car is now in Leicester with
another forum member, though he hasn't posted in ages....its got an M3
lip spoiler and tints now Im told.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Cheers dude

What do the smoked GLI rear lights look like, are they the same but with black/dark grey sections where the clear bits are?
Exactly that mate, here's a pic of the smoked GLI tails on my Bora [:D]

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
So here is the infamous RS Bora that Kev has told me about!!

Very nice mate and the spec level looks like a top job, love the Long Beaches and the OEM Xenons, class!!

I have to be honest and say that the R/C/R/C's that Mikedav had on his Bora will look better than the R/S/R/S's but that's just my opinion.

If you do purchase either pair of these rearlamps then I can post you a Red Foglamp Bulb, I have a one at work in my drawer and I can also supply some amber DI bulbs, no problem, just let me know (for free - no charge).

I think if you do get those coilovers then it would look class slammed on those 17's!!

If your after cheap mods then Kev will be able to help you out, otherwise, what about W8 light, Beetle Door Pins / RS Octavia Door Pins, Anni Pedals, LED door cap mod? There are too many to list!!

Shame that I won't catch you at Edition 38 mate.

Nice motor!

·
Registered
114 Posts
As everyone else has said, Long Beech and xenons are the options I would like. Nice looking example there.

And while we are on the subject, Beddie the motors looking pretty shiney!!!!

Here is a dirty pic of mine with the smoked US tails.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Very nice mate and the spec level looks like a top job, love the Long Beaches and the OEM Xenons, class!!

I think if you do get those coilovers then it would look class slammed on those 17's!!
thanks mate i would love to get some coilovers on it but i am a little worried about the ride as i did buy it as a comfortable ride,like you said it would look good dropped on them rims, what do you recon

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As everyone else has said, Long Beech and xenons are the options I would like. Nice looking example there.
thanks, i was just very lucky to find one with that spec,just in the right place at the right time[:D]

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

thanks mate i would love to get some coilovers on it but i am a little worried about the ride as i did buy it as a comfortable ride,like you said it would look good dropped on them rims, what do you recon
Well mate, I reckon that it would look class, I know that you will be using it to tow your Renault but my mates got a Passat Estate slammed and he tows his mini around the country, looks great!!

Ride will be hard but then I am sure you are used to that in the Reanult? It's all aboout looks mate, LOL!!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

I think coilovers with a small about of lowering will look the B*****ks....

and handling, we'll after taking me out in it on Sunday late evening, and racing along and going very fast around corners... with the coilovers on, the Bora will handle like it's on rails. I was so suprise at how well the 4motions are with grip around roundabouts at speed, I was expecting the rear to kick out, but there was nothing... it just stuck to the road...

Mod wise I would go for Coilovers and the US spec lights.... I think you should stick with the current alloys, but if you want to see what different alloys will look like then I'm sure you can try mine.

So when you going to put your order in for the Porsche Brakes.......LOL (Baz loves Porsche's and he would love to have the Porsche calipers sitting behind his alloys)

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

I think coilovers with a small about of lowering will look the B*****ks....

and handling, we'll after taking me out in it on Sunday late evening, and racing along and going very fast around corners... with the coilovers on, the Bora will handle like it's on rails. I was so suprise at how well the 4motions are with grip around roundabouts at speed, I was expecting the rear to kick out, but there was nothing... it just stuck to the road...

Mod wise I would go for Coilovers and the US spec lights.... I think you should stick with the current alloys, but if you want to see what different alloys will look like then I'm sure you can try mine.

So when you going to put your order in for the Porsche Brakes.......LOL (Baz loves Porsche's and he would love to have the Porsche calipers sitting behind his alloys)
I have to be honest and say that I think most people are surprised how the Bora handles even if standard? You can get the back end out but usually it will stay where's it's told too!! If you looking to keep the costs down then I would recommend the S3 Upper and Lower Strut Braces, well cheap and tighten up the front end a treat, then maybe if your feeling flush a rear upradted ARB?

I would definately keep with the wheels you have, there are quite a few Votex members who have slammed their rides on Long Beaches and it looks very OEM+!!

As for the Porsche brakes, surely one set is enough per family?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have to be honest and say that the R/C/R/C's that Mikedav had on his Bora will look better than the R/S/R/S's but that's just my opinion.

If you do purchase either pair of these rearlamps then I can post you a Red Foglamp Bulb, I have a one at work in my drawer and I can also supply some amber DI bulbs, no problem, just let me know (for free - no charge).
thanks very much for the offer of the bulbs mate, I'm not changing the rear lights at the moment but if i do i'll let you know.

nice one mate

barry

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

thanks very much for the offer of the bulbs mate, I'm not changing the rear lights at the moment but if i do i'll let you know.

nice one mate

barry
That's no problem mate, you give me a shout if you make the change.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The beige leather Recaros do go very well with the car. Your's looks a lot like mine black with OEM xenons, 17" VW alloys, etc., except mine's a TDI 150 and it also has a spoiler.

Posted Image

1 - 20 of 20 Posts