Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Any other mods or just a remap? Who did the tuning? Which RR was it on?
If you've just got a map then I'd take those figures with a pinch of
salt.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Any other mods or just a remap? Who did the tuning? Which RR was it on?
If you've just got a map then I'd take those figures with a pinch of
salt.
NikB how much power would you expect a good standard 150 TDI PD with a good custom remap to produce?

I thought 150 TDI PD with a custom remap to be hitting nearer to 200 bhp?

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
190-195bhp and 290lb/ft would be a good figure. The turbo won't do over
200bhp. Both Micky32 and Reflex TDi have hybrid turbos and much other
work and are pushing around 210bhp and 320lb/ft so a remap alone isn't
going to achieve these figures.

·
B S R
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys the rr was carried out at Power Engineering in Uxbridge. Dont really know how good or bad the figures are but it pulls like a train. Btw it made 164 @ the wheels. Only mod has been a remap, mapping was carried out by Stu and Kenny @ http://www.motorsport-developments.co.uk

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
190-195bhp and 290lb/ft would be a good figure. The turbo won't do over 200bhp. Both Micky32 and Reflex TDi have hybrid turbos and much other work and are pushing around 210bhp and 320lb/ft so a remap alone isn't going to achieve these figures.
well thats funny as there was a re-maped TDI anni put out 214bhp at star on our rolling road day with no other mods

Oh and all other cars got the bhp they were meant to have or expected the the rollers were spot on before you rubish that too

·
OldSkool Crew
660 Posts
190-195bhp and 290lb/ft would be a good figure. The turbo won't do over 200bhp. Both Micky32 and Reflex TDi have hybrid turbos and much other work and are pushing around 210bhp and 320lb/ft so a remap alone isn't going to achieve these figures.
well thats funny as there was a re-maped TDI anni put out 214bhp at star on our rolling road day with no other mods

Oh and all other cars got the bhp they were meant to have or expected the the rollers were spot on before you rubish that too
Any idea who did the remap on that car?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
i know it was an english company

might be wrong but it might have been awsome

i know the guy that owned it said the guys name was Wyane that did it

·
Registered
861 Posts

I believe it as ive seen and been passenger in a 130 remapped with 315lbs. dont know what the boost was. this has been argued before but ive seen 5 or more with great results.

but u gotta love the sceptics :)

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
High peak torque is normally down to a spike which drops just as fast as it rises, all its good for is breaking traction.

Much better to keep torque lower but spread it across a useful rev range.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
190-195bhp and 290lb/ft would be a good figure.
The turbo won't do over 200bhp. Both Micky32 and Reflex TDi have hybrid
turbos and much other work and are pushing around 210bhp and 320lb/ft
so a remap alone isn't going to achieve these figures.

I believe it as ive seen and been passenger in a 130 remapped with
315lbs. dont know what the boost was. this has been argued before but
ive seen 5 or more with great results.

but u gotta love the sceptics :)
I'm not a sceptic but I have been to many RR days, had my own car
mapped god knows how many times, spent a great deal of time talking to
the tuners themselves and also spent a lot of time getting to know
other people that have done the same as me. There is no way a 150PD
with no hardware modifications is going to see over 200bhp and
300lb/ft. I've seen my own get 306lb/ft - but that's with a full
milltek exhaust, modified air intake and a bunch of other stuff. I also
thought it was a slight over estimate.

·
Registered
861 Posts
come on nikB, just because you havent seen it and the people you have spoken to havent been able to get these figures.

I have seen it on several occasions and ive also been there when some cars dont achieve this. Im by no means an expert but ive witnessed before and after. I realise that there are limits: eg injector nozzles, boost limits & pump pressure etc but is it not possible for 'tuners' to learn more and find other ways of tweaking the ecu settings.

Correct me if im wrong but is this because your car doesnt achieve these results that makes you quick off the mark to dismiss others ?

I personally know 3 blokes with close to 300lbs from a 130pd and 1 who has 315lbs.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm sure there's a guy on here who has 230bhp from his 150 tdi with uprated injectors running a standard turbo. Can't remember his id though.

·
Registered
354 Posts
We're entering the very dangerous area of RR figures and their reliability, diesel tuning is much easier than petrol, you add fuel, that's about it.

The secret is to get the balance between performance and looking like a Navy destroyer laying smoke.

My old PD150 put out about (notice lack of precision here) 190-200 bhp and 290-310lb ft torque, it didn't smoke and was bog standard apart from the map (a Revo Washbrook special).

My real world measure was the number of 'performance' cars which either, a) couldn't get away or b) couldn't catch up.

In gear performance was all I cared about, 6th gear usually sufficed above 60 and the clutch was perfect, no hint of slip.

Figures are useful, but only when taken from a similar measure and I doubt any two RRs will put out the same figure for the same car under the same conditions. They're a good indication, but that's about it.

I'm off to hide somewhere.......

·
Registered
861 Posts
mate we are talking about no hardware changes to achieve this result. If we are talking hardware changes i know and have had a drive in a pd130 @ 245bhp 350lbs+ (thats injectors, Hybrid vnt20 parts, custom intercooler, full miltek etc)

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
ok, lets use James car (Reflex TDI) as an example, cant use mine because the person who wrote my remapp should be put down[:|]. His car on awsome gti rollers put out 213bhp, he could only achieve this power with a hardware upgrade. There were revo PD150s and probably other maps on them and none of them got over 190bhp, they gave between 180 and 190.

and bobby singh what did you get at the wheels?

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Bobby says 164 ATW...like you say James, I'll be interested if PE is accurate..if not, I might put mine on there on Saturday morning too[:D]

1 - 20 of 78 Posts