Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted Image

washed my wheels today after noticing a more than normal dirty front wheel. Under inspection i noticed loads of CV grease all over the inside dish of the wheel. Ordered a complete CV joint as i think its been like this for at least a week (was to lazy to inspect the black stuff over my rim) didnt think nothing else of it.

So after cleaning and throwing loads of water over my wheels, i get in to pop to morrisons for the weekends beer and have the ABS and TC light will not go out.

Fluke? why would a cv boot cause this as there is no sensors in the cv joint. Water logged speed sensor? (can see it as i have driven over 300 miles in the last couple of days in the rain) cant get it on a ramp till sunday. ill scan it tomorrow, but till then any ideas?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Have a similar problem, my TC/ESP light came on after a cleaning session. Hasn't gone off yet either [:(]

Will be interested to see the outcome

[snack]

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
Brake lights working ok?

·
Registered
90 Posts
haha ive got excatly the same problem washed wheels same lights plugged mine in turns out to be rear abs sensor so i would imagine yours would be a sensor just get it vagcom'd and itll tell you roughly what sensor and why ie. faulty wire, no connection not excat words but along the basic lines of

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok i just scanned it. as i suspected its wheel sensor. Had the exact same thing on my a3 and it sent the ABS scatty throwing me and my son out onto a 5 lane round about sideways as the car did not stop! Sooo Guess what im changing tomorrow!! Best find my dremal so i can smooth out the hub ready for the new sensor... i could not get the new one in my A3 as it was so tight.

I have cleared the lights so its is 99% positive that it was the water that spazzed it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts