Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right drove the car home and was a very nice drive, cleaned the pipes out on the way down. However I have had this problem since getting the car. It hunts between 800 and 900 rpm when idle or out of gear.However, it would return to normal idle speed after a few seconds.

I went to a VW dealers that I trust very well and have serviced my MRS vw for 3 years now and told them the problem they told me it could be a vac air leak or breather. However it got me thinking it could be a split hose. So I opened up the bonet and had a good look around and could not see no visible signs of a split hose however upon inspecting the drivers right side I found this.

I

I was not 100% certain what pipe this was leading to but it sits just infront of the front cv joint by the looks of it.

Could this be the problem why or could it be a contributing factor? and will it effect things like fuel consumption and temp of engine ?

Chris

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Chris it's a bad iphone pic. Does'nt look like a roll bar.....mmmm will have to look at it again. Also I have not had the TB cleaned or realigned. I have booked it in to my garage on Wednesday so will see what the result it. either way it need to be fixed as it's anoying me.

Forgot to mention hows the car coming along I spent most of 8hours reading you build thread at work one day. Needless to say I did not get any work done. super jelious of the BBs wheels

·
Like A Bawwsss
25,247 Posts
Its doing good thanks [:D]

If that bar ends up on the wishbones by a little drop link, which im sure it will as theres no pipes there apart from your brake ones then its nothing to worry about.

Check the pipes under the inlet manifold.....particularly the one in the middle leading to the little valve near the oil filter as that is HIGHLY prone for failing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts