Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as most of you have seen the posts over last few days about my 205bhp conversion from chippeduk i booked car in for rolling road,

it was done 3 time

1 was 189bhp

2 was 185bhp

3 was 184bhp i have got printout jus need find a way of getting it on here

·
Registered
861 Posts
imageshack for pic hosting mate.

Whats the torque ?

tell me more about the rolling road. I assume they used a big blower pointing at your radiator/air intake. Is that the result from a generic map ?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah car was cool anyway but yeah i had 2 big fans on the intercooler side,was 200lb torque, not sure on map apparently not generic some other thing

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
In that case, good result! [Y]

Seems to be making good power and the curves look quite smooth, are you happy with the remap/power gain then? [:)]

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
 not really as was told i was gettin 205bhp was pretty disappointed really.but not here to start any arguments or bitchin, i was asked by people to get rolling roaded and thats all i done,

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
To be honest though you're probably not far off the 205BHP quoted...

Most tuners quote power gains available at the flywheel iirc, so once transmission losses have been taken into account on your 'at the wheels' figures you would be around the 200BHP mark anyway...?

As an example my Bora made 150BHP at the flywheel which equated to 138BHP at the wheels at the recent Awesome GTI RR day [:D]

May be worth looking on the Awesome web site for the RR day to compare figures for similiar cars to your own and try and 'guestimate' max Fly horsepower? not exactly scientific i know but may help you feel as though you've not been too hard done to by Chipped-UK..

In value terms in BHP for Pound notes, i think you've done very well imo... [:p]

Steve

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah well its proven for anyone who wants there car done there, said id do it and did, thats nothin do with me,

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
money wasnt an issue to be honest jus wanted more power, i wil ring him and check it was at wheels im guessing it was anyway.dont mean im happy with it and rather car be back standard

·
Registered
658 Posts
Your a fruitcake and im shocked you have come on here to again knock my work.

You had a map done that is amongst the best anywhere in the UK and when you add the transmission losses your getting around the best power of anyone on the forum for whats in effect a standardish car.

189 + 17.8% losses = 222.6hp

Please dont complain when your putting out that sort of hp.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
What issues are you having with the remap that make you want it back to standard?

I don't mean to pry mate, it's just that i'm in the market for a remap myself soon (albeit a diesel) and want more power obviously but not at the expense of driveability, so just wondering how you find your map drives? [:D]

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Your a fruitcake and im shocked you have come on here to again knock my work.

You had a map done that is amongst the best anywhere in the UK and when you add the transmission losses your getting around the best power of anyone on the forum for whats in effect a standardish car.

189 + 17.8% losses = 222.6hp

Please dont complain when your putting out that sort of hp.
Your on here to gain business and your shouting off calling a member a fruitcake!

He may have well been a bit of an idiot over this affair but I for one an not interested to see you on here unless you stop getting into silly rows all the time. It has been proven your product is a good one; so cut out the name calling, as allegedly your a PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS. Or are you?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
only got it to compare against the revo trial to be honest and obviously im such bad person i better not mke anymore hand bag threads,

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.