1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rolling Road day @ Westec Performance

Westec Performance is located in Newport, South Wales

www.westecperformance.co.uk

Date - TBC but looking at a Saturday in October.

Each car will get 2 power runs with print offs to prove the accuracy of the road.

The price will depend on the number of cars we have going.

Ideally if we get 40 cars, it'll be £25 per car. It staggers then going down from there. i.e 15 cars - £40 per car and so on!

Basically the more cars we have the cheaper it'll be!

So, before i book a date, i need a list of DEFINATE people who will be interested in coming along to this Rolling road day! Should be a good laugh and a great day out! We know theres quite a few of us who want to know what there cars are pushing out so here's the chance for everyone to know who has what!

Add your names to the list if interested!

1. Allblackdup - Gaz

2. Simonv6golf - Simon

3. DanielJ - Dan

4. Benjy - Benjy

5. Welshmatt - Matt

6. GOLFGTTDI230 - Martin

7. Pauldazzle - Paul (tbc pending date)

8. DMHelyar - (tbc pending date)

9. Steve lyons - Steve - (before 14th Oct)

10. Welshgar - Gaz - (before 21st Oct)

11. kc1916 - Chris

12. Skierandy - Andy

NOTE - THIS IS OPEN TO EVERYONE ON THE SITE! BE A GREAT CHANCE TO MEET UP WITH OTHERS AROUND THE COUNTRY!

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm up for it date and times dependant in october,

ideally AM time slot for me as I play rugby in the afternnons (well try to LOL) . oh and I got to go to my sisters wedding 14th October . so available all other dates!

Steve

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
i may come up anyway, not sure yet. dont think its really worth it for my dinky engine [:p]

excuse my stupidity but does the rolling road only test bhp and torque, or does it do 0-60 and top speed etc.???

Andy

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Added Chris and Andy to the list. Andy - You know it makes sense to come! [:D]

The RR measures BHP and torque mate. The RR result can also reveal whether the car is running correctly, i.e fuelling, power output etc.....Well worth it and you know its gonna be a laugh! [:D]

Gaz

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Steveo - The more the merrier mate. Only thing is the Golfs would all go on first before the non-Golfs.

If they're interested,just let me know names and what they're driving. [:D]

Gaz

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hi Gaz,

Are you getting any closer to firming up a date yet?

I hope you all know how damaging rolling roads are to your tyres. If the rollers at Westec are fairly new they'll kill yer rubber in no time. If I can make it i'm going to buy 2 part worns so it wont matter.

Paul.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hi Gaz,

I hope you all know how damaging rolling roads are to your tyres. If the rollers at Westec are fairly new they'll kill yer rubber in no time. If I can make it i'm going to buy 2 part worns so it wont matter.

Paul.
Well I did not realise that! Also, I've been lowered by 40mm and have reiger type skirts so there quite low to the ground do you think this could be a problem,,,,?

Steveo

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Gaz,

Paul.
All - I've got a date in mind for the RR day - Saturday 6th October and a date for the next meet - Sunday 17th September, tho these could change, but i have a couple of issues.

These being, mainly that i'm not sure how long i will have the Golf for. As mentioned at the show on sunday, for various reasons,i may have to sell the Golf. With that in mind, i don't want to start setting dates for things, if things go pear shaped and my times taken up trying to sell the car.

I really don't want to sell the car and i'll do whatever i can to keep it. But as things stand i'm playing it a week at a time and seeing what happens.

Seeing at the mo how October is looking like a dodgy month for the RR day, it maybe better saying, lets leave it till nov just in case.

I think we should have the next meet on the date above and go from there....???

Gaz

·
Registered
411 Posts
That would suit me i'm working on the 6th Oct. Weekends are the busiest time for my studio. Free on the 17th Sep at the mo though, however that could easily change.

Shame if you have to sell your car m8

Paul.

1 - 20 of 184 Posts