Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

The New Rolling Road Day?. <o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Due to the problem that WRC decided to say a big fat ?NO? to the 4x4 guys, we have decided to change the venue and ensure the rolling road day still happens.<o:p></o:p>

The Venue has been changed to Power Engineering and we hope that this will be OK with everyone?<o:p></o:p>

We tried to keep it to a location that would appeal to as many forum members as possible.<o:p></o:p>

Power Engineering?s website:<o:p></o:p>

http://www.powerengineering.co.uk/acatalog/aboutus.htm<o:p></o:p>

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=504971&y=182959&z=5&sv=504971,182959&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&ax=504971&ay=182959<o:p></o:p>

Address: Power Engineering, The Power House, 8 Union Buildings, Wallingford Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex UB8 2FR

The rolling road is a MAHA rolling road?and they will measure the Wheel Horse Power and the Flywheel power over three runs.<o:p></o:p>

The good news is they can run the 4x4 Golfs/Boras and give correct readings (no fuses being pulled) if the car is standard then it should produce standard figures?.. If it?s a 200bhp Golf then that?s what you should get.<o:p></o:p>

They can also run the DSG gearboxes, but they will only be able to give WHP figures, not Flywheel due to the DSG box.<o:p></o:p>

The Prices:<o:p></o:p>

10-15 cars ?45 + 17.5 VAT<o:p></o:p>

16-25 cars ?40 ( including VAT )<o:p></o:p>

26-35 cars ?35 ( including VAT )<o:p></o:p>

36+ cars ?30<o:p></o:p>

The only main problem over the old thread is that the date has changed they can?t do the 3rd June?. The only Saturday they can do in June is the 24th June 2006

Essex Escy will still be in control of this rolling road day, as it was his idea and he still has his contact with Golf+ magazine. Golf+ should still be attending the venue, but I will let Essex Escy post further details.

We would like as many forum members as possible to participate, as it is always nice to compare the differently modified Golfs against each other and also compare tuners.

Members with standard or mildly tuned Golfs/Boras are also welcome, no one will laugh if you have standard figures, everyone just appreciates that people are participating. It would be good if some of you 1.6 , 1.8, 2.0 N/A, diesels etc guys and girls could attend.

We are going to put together two lists, one for the members who want to run their cars on the rollers and a further list for the guys that just want to watch.

Please remember that this Rolling Road Day will appear in Golf+ Magazine, so a picture of your car might go in the magazine, and we also want as many Golfs, Boras and Jettas there to make the forum look very good and get some free advertising.

Please let us know who wants to attend:

Rolling Road List-

Rs Golf

Essex Escy

Nosaj (4x4)

MK4 GTI Turbo

MissT16- early

Golfturbo- early

Reflex TDI

Andymac (4x4) - TBC

MarkReading (4x4)

Dannyboy

Viperpsych

Cmdrfire (Remap'd DSG)

Turbodub

Drysdale

BoraBandit2 (4x4)

Decked32 (R32 4x4)

Daflyflyingfinn - Seat Leon

Veedubs

R44ms_k

Bad-Vw-Boy

MissT16's Guess (Marc) - BMW

Viewing List-

Mikedav

Peanutjb

Chungster

CkB

Mister E

J40hnw

Pricey

UPDATE:

Start time is 09:00.....

Could everybody please try and be there before 09:00 as this will allow your cars to cool a little before the power runs and also...............................

so I can get confirmed numbers for the amount of people running there cars. i.e. if only 15 cars turn up before 09:00 for the car count then we all would have to pay ?45 + VAT.... as we would not know if anyone esle was going to turn up to get the price down.

If we all try to get there before 09:00 then the price should only be ?40 or ?35 in total., for everyone.

PROPOSED CONVOY TIMINGS

M25 Junction 1B (Park and Go)
Meet: 07:10
Depart: 07:20

M25 J28 (On the fly for nosaj + anyone on A12)
Depart: 07:30-07:35

M25 South Mimms (Park and Go)
Meet: 07:45 (Convoy ETA 07:50)
Depart: 08:00 *SHARP* (DO NOT BE LATE FOR THIS!)

Power Engineering Uxbridge (Park and Stay!)
Meet: 08:30 (Convoy ETA 08:45)

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Depending on how many we can get from oop north i would be interested so long as we could get it down to ?35 ..... as with p[etrol etc ?45 would be a steep day out

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm up for a visit, say hi to some familiar faces...please do not stone my car though.
If we have space (sorry as VAG cars will take priority), do you want to put your BMW on the rollers? If not then I?ll just add you to the viewing list?.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
If
we have space (sorry as VAG cars will take priority), do you want to
put your BMW on the rollers? If not then I?ll just add you to the
viewing list?.
As expected, no worries! Ill just say viewing for now, but if numbers
get up to the 25+ mark and there is space then sure Ill RR it [:)]

·
Registered
642 Posts
If we have space (sorry as VAG cars will take priority), do you want to put your BMW on the rollers? If not then I?ll just add you to the viewing list?.
As expected, no worries! Ill just say viewing for now, but if numbers get up to the 25+ mark and there is space then sure Ill RR it [:)]
And Marc said as well, if theres space to make the numbers up he wouldnt mind taking his bm!!

lol

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'll be there to watch for sure, but theres no point in me putting the 1.4 on the rollers unless theres 36+ people!

Peter

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Is it a true 4x4 rolling road? or are they panning on running haldex cars with the ecu unplugged?
In the previous thread it confirmed they will not pull the fuse.

I attended the VAG20V event on 14 January and it was a good meet so I have high hopes for this too. Wilko had some reservations about the results and I respect his opinion [;)] Hopefully he will see this and contribute.

Andy your presence is required along with a healthy Northern contingent - remember Awesome? [:D]

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Andy thay are a true 4x4 RR.. I was only down there a few weeks ago for the Vag20v forum RR & they are top guys at PE car is in very good hands so get your self down to it mate.

1 - 20 of 358 Posts