Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on getting my front coilovers sorted soon so that I can get my dub as low as it will go - but due to the front wheels I need some slight arch modifications on the front, Im hoping rolling will do the trick, but may also need to be pulled very slightly, but I haven't a clue as to where to go???

Has anyone else had this done, where did you go / how much did they charge / how good was the job? Or does anyone know of somewhere where I can get this done? Im in the west mids but don't mind travelling as long as its not too far!

Thanks, and any help greatly appreciated!

Andy [:)]

·
Registered
410 Posts
I would also like to know about this as i need mine doing so can get it lower. Front arches catching if i go over a slight bump at an angle and have already caughty the passenger side one once so would be great if anyone knows anything [Y]

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine only catch on the front too - the rears look excellent when theyre tucked up in the arch and I just want the fronts like that too! See your from solihull - maybe if there's a garage nearby they would do a group run at lower rates?? Especially if more people want it doing?

The only place I've found recomended at the moment is styledynamix in hayes, london - they charge about ?40 per arch, and use all the proper equipment, and also heat the paint to help prevent cracking.

I'd prefer not to have to take a 2 hour trip down there just for my arches though!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Im based at Milton Keynes and my mate does it, he has all the gear and done my golf sweet......

He will sort ppl out if ppl are willing to come down

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet! Thats only just down the M1 for me...

How much would he charge? Have you had any problem with paint cracking or peeling since you've had yours done?

Do you have a number or contact info. so I can get in-touch with the garage / your mate?

Cheers! [:D]

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Im based at Milton Keynes and my mate does it, he has all the gear and done my golf sweet......

how much does he charge per arch? think i will get mine done for when i lower mine.
does it change the apperance? is it noticable?

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
where abouts in Wolverhampton is this body shop? the reson i ask is my girlfriends parents live there and i go there once amonth

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Its situated between Wolverhampton and Bilston , in a place called Ettingshall. We use them when customers need bodywork doing on their Bmw`s. Their work is alright , its like any bodyshop really , you`ll never get a perfect finish. But ive always found that their work blends in real well. There`s bound to be better ones in the midlands but this is the only one i have seen all kinds of work been done from.

Can give you their details if you like?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[Y] Thanks troll! If they do can you get a price too?

[:D]
Yes matey and maybe a slight discount seeing as you know me and allll
He he... superb! Once I've got this done there'll be some beer tokens coming your way if we can use the garage one weekend to get my helper springs off!!! [;)]

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

how much does he charge per arch? think i will get mine done for when i lower mine.
does it change the apperance? is it noticable?
If you only get it rolled it simply flattens the inside arch lip to give more clearance - so its not noticeable from the outside, however if you need it pulled slightly then you will notice it from the outside as that starts to effect the shape of the arch! Hope that helps [:)]

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Give Bodytech a call Andy, this is the place... 01902494213, if they do it ill see if i can book your car in with them through my work, that way there may be a nice discount. Ill have words.

No problems about the helper springs, just let me know when you want it slamming and we`ll pop in one weekend.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats what Im worried about - whether rolling will be enough... There's about a 10mm lip on the inside of the arch, so I guess if you wanted it completely flattened they could, so you'd have anouth 8mm or so clearance? Im guessing theyre shut over the weekend, but when I ring Im going to ask about pulling them as well!

Ill let you know how I get on when I've spoken to them!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks mate just dont fancy catrching my tires again and pulling arch out. Hoping to get it in the body shop soon get my other bits done [:D]

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, called bodytech - they said they can do it, but if the paint cracks then the whole wing needs re-painting, and theyr're not responsible if the paint cracks due to it being a common occurance. They want ?80 for a pair of arches. And if you wanted them to roll them and then repaint them if they do crack it'd be ?250.

I also asked about pulling them out further if there still wasn't enough clearance, the bloke said they hadn't done that before, but he'd have a look at them and see what he could do if I brought the car down or whatever!

Im thinking I might just trim the inside of the arch with an angle grinder - old fashioned but may sort it out without having to pay anything or risking damaging the paint - plus if it was done carefully you'd never know any different... Hmm... decisions decisions!

Andy [:)]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts