1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Location - MidlandVW
Date - Saturday 9th December
Directions - Click here

Okay everybody I have contacted Jody (very friendly chap!) at midland vw and put it to him that we want a RR day and could he do it, which they can! Midland VW are a well established vw tuner with over 20 years experience and are well situated just off jct 12 on the M6 so nice and central for everybody!

They have recently installed a new RR at their place so would also like to see the results it gives on modified engines. Now this will take place on Saturday 9th. I am going to do a provisional list of 25 cars or maybe a few more depending on the response but after last years event at awesome gti I expect this to be booked up early so get your name down quick!

Or even if you don't fancy a run come down to meet up as there is plenty of space I have been told, the price of a run is going to be ?30 but this is dependant on the amount of runners. Now for those of you with 4 wheel drive I spoke to Jody about this it is only a 2 wheel RR but if you want to run he can disconnect your haldex so you can do a run but this is upto you he said it should be fine, but some feel it will mess up your haldex so I'll leave it to you.

So if your interested get your name down as im sure this will fill up quick!

List:

kiz
woody23 - (Early)
stuj - (Early - Midday)
veedubdude - (Afternoon)
mattp1983
captain - (Early)
RedBeard7
kur2y
slimtater
carly - (early afternoon)
phat4
frodo_anni
ukdub
robvr6
Sem
phunkstarhate - (Afternoon)
vdubanniversary - (Early - Midday)

Total= 17

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Names added [Y]

What date does everybody prefer 18/11/06 25/11/06 02/12/06 09/12/06?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Either date should be ok for me. I probably won't have a MK4 then but I'll come down in whatever I'm driving (probably be Jalopy!)
whats the jalopy putting out about 500bhp??[;)]

do you want to do a run in it mate?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'll come if there is room, getting mine remapped next week and it *should* be lowered by then....... either date is fine with me.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Either date should be ok for me. I probably won't have a MK4 then but I'll come down in whatever I'm driving (probably be Jalopy!)
whats the jalopy putting out about 500bhp??[;)]

do you want to do a run in it mate?
Na, it'll probably break the rollers. It's supposed to be 105BHP but rarely feels that way - how else would I keep such a clean licence.

Best give others a shot [Y]

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I'll be along to watch, but not dyno'd! I mean, there's not much point is there, I don't think it'd have enough power to turn the rollers! Lol [;)]

Either date is good with me too!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Put me down, I've known Jody for a while...he put the 2 litre in my old mk2 amongst other stuff!
Names down Paul and captain Look forward to seeing you there had a nosey round your bora paul at the mega meet v.nice!

·
Registered
81 Posts
So the fact that I posted first means that I don't get my name put down... never mind... know when I'm not wanted :-/

·
Registered
199 Posts
I could do any date but the 2nd of december. Quite looking forward to this now, Jody didnt think the car was running the power it should be! Suppose we'll find out!!

Mart

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So the fact that I posted first means that I don't get my name put down... never mind... know when I'm not wanted :-/
sorry mate your now at the top of the list how does the 18th November sound with everyone?

1 - 20 of 243 Posts