Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, finally picked it up on Wednesday on a lovely new 06 plate thanks to James and the Beadles Bromley lot [:D]

Thoughts so far... AWESOME [:D] Haven't really had a chance to properly gun it due to running it in (other than in the Dartford Tunnel [6] ) but it is already moving very swiftly although I can feel myself becoming a slave to the mpg meter [:(] lol

Done nearly 300 miles now so not too far to go afore its run in nicely [:)]

Options were Leather, Sat Nav, 18s, Xenon's & fold in mirrors... also has some lovely R32 smoked rear lights which the pics REALLY don't do justice to! Cruise Control has since been retro-fitted... anyhoo, here are the pics [:)]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Interior pics to follow...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers buddy, nigh on identical to yours [:)]

BTW... plans are... maybe lower it a bit once they have built up the roads on the new estate I live on, maybe rear apron, 235/245 oettinger remap (dependant on exhaust syles lol)... I quite like the look of the quad exhausts but not sure they are really in keeping with the style of the GTI [:S]

I also have a silver ashtray cover ready to be fitted once I work out how (might have to wait til it gos into a dealer for some work [:S] )

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Robbo, only just thought of it should've got you to stop off at J3 on the M25 on your way out though (I'm 5 mins from there)... Does look almighty...

Not that I'm biased [:D]

But seriously if you could get some non-flash piccieso f those lights, I'd be grateful mate, they look better on the GTI in black than I thought thye would actually, so this could be the start of hte mods [:)]

Sounds like the plans are good - is the car parked on a funny angle?? Suspension looks like it's riding high to me??

Enjoy - give it another few hundred at least before you open the throttle PROPERLY [;)]

C

·
Registered
643 Posts
lovely car mate [Y]

·
Registered
154 Posts
those rear lights.... droooooooll [:D]

as you said CkB, I think this is the start of the mods, and I told myself I wasn't going to do it to this car.

Balls, haven't even taken delivery yet and I'm thinking about the 1st mod.

Robbo, your car looks awesome, you have no idea how slowly these next 7 weeks are going to go!!!

GODAMNIT!!!!!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol aye I've been like that for 8 minths lol!

Will get some better rear light pics later [:)]

Car isn't at an angle or owt but everyone has commented on the suspension so far [:S] it is a slight slope out by the garage mind [:S]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Must also sort out a sister pic to this one...

<snip>

I see Mr CkB has one like it...
Just take lots of pics of the front of the car all over the shop - one
will do nicely to just rip out the badge, touch it up so you can see
the honeycomb, resize as required and you're done. That's all I did
anyway [;)]

those rear lights.... droooooooll [:D]

as you said CkB, I think this is the start of the mods, and I told myself I wasn't going to do it to this car.

Balls, haven't even taken delivery yet and I'm thinking about the 1st mod.

Robbo, your car looks awesome, you have no idea how slowly these next 7 weeks are going to go!!!

GODAMNIT!!!!!!
I was trying to avoid it too much - the stickers and surrounds were gonna be my limit. Oh well - now there's a parrot kit in there, I want a Phatnoise, and now potentially R32 rear clusters.

Goddamned you lot - just as Dave said [:D]

C

1 - 20 of 30 Posts