Discussion Starter · #1 ·
copied from a different website to save me the bother, but I've signed it! :

"The government?s proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you
having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly
bill to use it.

The tracking device will cost about ?200 and in a recent study by the
BBC, the lowest monthly bill was ?28 for a rural florist and ?194 for a
delivery driver.

A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid ?86 in one month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody
will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you
have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit
you can expect an NIP with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedoms and stopping the constant bashing of the
Car/Van/Bike User, please sign the petition on No 10's new website: "

Petition

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
free bump... gonna bump this till all 120000 members have signed it... it is an official 10 downing street petition so copy it to other forums you know off

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Who the bloody hell do they think they are?! It is my business where I go and when I go. No-one else's, unless I decide to share it with them. Cheeky sods. This will never get through.

I can't wait till this idiot government get out of power (though I suspect it's not all of them - probable just a loony few)

God that makes me angry.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Am I missing something here?

Why is the government putting up a petition against one of it's own daft ideas??
New feature of the No 10 website. Create your own petitions.
I have signed it but
A) Road pricing is 8-10 years away and hopefully Labour will be long gone by thenB) Maybe I watch Spooks to often but I am not putting my address...seems ironic a petition about big brother asks for an address

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Your all on the electoral roll anyway... the only bit of info your giving them is a link between your name address and e-mail address...

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
Signature number 3861

Signed

hafizur

ps! anyone doing the rounds on other forums?

hope you dont mind, copied your post word for word to a couple of others

·
Registered
728 Posts
If it does come in (which lets face it will, this is the UK remember) i for one will be ripping it out of my car and attaching it to attaching to my cat.  My cat never goes far, he is too stupid to get home otherwise, can't speed and never travels on busy roads during rush hour.  I will then happily accept the bill each month!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I don't see how they can do this without first improving public sevices. I would have no choice. If I want to get a bus to work, I have to walk 2milesalong a country road with no pavement to a bus stop. Get a bus in the wrong direction to the closest major town. Then get a bus - that goes past my destination but doesn't stop there - to a smaller town. Then get a 3rd bus to the village where I work. I reckon it'll take about 3hours. I get into work at 8, so need to leave at 5am. But the first bus is at 10.45. A teacher getting to school at 1.45. Not the greatest of things.

The drive takes 8minutes on a busy B-road.

I realise I've gone over the top a bit, but my point is that if the government is to bring such expensive things into force, the public should really have a viable alternative.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Am I missing something here?

Why is the government putting up a petition against one of it's own daft ideas??
Hey - that's "democracy" at work!

(at least, it's proabably lip service to democracy - rather like Red Ken's 'consultation' of west london tram!!)

But we should at least sign it to try and show our thoughts...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts