Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For any one that was into Japan in the 80's I just read that **** Karn died last night.

For me he was one of the best bass players ever. Just listen to the unique style in the vid.

·
Premium Member
3,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not a bit much, you still haven't read it properly.

It's subjective as I said "for me" which means for my tastes and experience. I didn't suggest he was one of the best period as I'm sure there's plenty that I'm not aware of or don't like who others such as yourself may rate highly.

Who do you rate as particularly good bass players?

·
Super Moderator
50,244 Posts
Sad to hear about **** Karn,other good bass players include of course Mark King of Level 42 (on record as the fastest I believe?) and Pino Palladino who played fretless bass for Paul Young amongst many others.

Also Gerry Rafferty was a guitarist and singer,Raphael Ravenscroft played sax on Baker Street.

Chris.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Sad to hear about **** Karn,other good bass players include of course Mark King of Level 42 (on record as the fastest I believe?) and Pino Palladino who played fretless bass for Paul Young amongst many others.

Also Gerry Rafferty was a guitarist and singer,Raphael Ravenscroft played sax on Baker Street.

Chris.
I'm sure it was Bob Holness !! [;)]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts