Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a stereo that matches the gols dash colours well? I know from working in halfruads that some new styke kenwoods look good but i hate kenwood so are there any other suggestions? Im a great fan of alpine but the closest i can get is a light blue . Not quite right.

Cheers

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you go for one of the higher end Alpines them come with "MultiColour" illumination so you can match it,

Thats 512 diffrent colours by the way [;)]

Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gotta admit im more inklined to save a little cahs and go for the becker unit. Found a company doing the becker below that one.. with red illumination for 200 notes down from 300 odd..

I presume these becker units are a good enough match to the golf colours?

Id love to spend the cash on alpine but i have lots of other stuff to do and im not spednign mega bucks on a stereo anyway.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The Becker is a fine choice and you shouldn't feel cheated by not having the Alpine. The Becker HU's offer a more easygoing sound than the Alpines, often likened to proper home hi fi equipment.

I've had about 5 of them over the last few years!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've got a pioneer head unit DEH-P6700 i think, display isn't full of fancy pictures or anything like that but you can change the colours of the display and buttons seperately to any one of 12 colours or so, ie... blue writing and red buttons or vice-versa, gives a couple of shades of blue as well.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3242.html

Bloody good value at ?128 too as well as usual pioneer build quality.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but what's wrong with the OEM head units?? Surely you can't get a better colour match than that?! [*-)]

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for all the replies guys.. sorted myself out with a becker mexico pro unit.. The alpin eone looked terrible in place!!! lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts