Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my good god, just had the trail and, wow ! The difference is amazing, was going to wait till december to get it done, but might have to get it next week. The trail is only 75-80% so the full thing must be amazing!

Serousily i cannot rate this enough, it makes the 1.8T what it should have been, only got 20 mins or so left on my trial! Been driving an odd 4hours n 40 mins today its that good !

·
Registered
218 Posts
Glad you like it mate. Ive had my car revo'd since I bought it. I have sps3 and occasionally I will change car back to stock mode for a few days. Just when Im getting used to the car again, Ill put back on performance mode and grin from ear to ear!

Never heard that the trial is only 75-80%? that seems odd, but I could be wrong. Dont be too surprised if the actual program doesnt feel any faster than the trial!

Just watch the speedcameras with all that extra power, its tempting to have a heavy right foot!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
The trial is very close to the real thing, but lacks switching ability of SPS etc.
Its certainly not 75-80% of the full product.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not doubting you guys just the person who was installing it told me it was 75-80% . Well whatever the percentage of it is, it is flying ! Well its quick for me !

Shame it cost so much [:(]

With my carbonio it sounds awesome as well, amazed of the differece, i would not have believed it was the same engine ! LOL

Yer brian 1.8T tell me bout it mate LOL [;)]

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think where the trial code is designed to be 'safe' presumably where people may be running crap fuel etc, I think (know actually) that there is quite an end Performance difference between the trial and actual code for this very reason.

The main thing with the full code is the fact you can adjust the boost/timing etc if the customer is willing to run on 98RON fuel (or they can buy an SPS device and switch as you say) and then the car can be set up for more performance.

Keith

·
Registered
279 Posts
You get an excellent gain on that engine with REVO, My Daily driver is a REVO'd AUM GTi and the transformation is brilliant from a standard car.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So vr6_turbo, will there be a noticable difference from the trail and the real deal then ?

My trail has just ended but hell yeah im getting the full verson next weekend, cannotwait !!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
what do you mean?
He means you will get an excellent gain on that engine!!
Compared to the non DBW AGU and ARZ's.

Probably around 215bhp with just a filter.
ARZ's are DBW but have the ko3 rather than the ko3s and with revo produce very similar figures to that of a later model 1.8t. think the tuning potential really ends there and for any more than 212-215bhp, you need to upgrade your turbo.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts