Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am going over to mega4.co.uk to get the Revo upgrade done on my AUM 1.8T.

My question is. What was is like when you first had it done. Do you remember your drive home. Was it that good.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Yes, fun drive back in the mid morning from Chesterfield to Bradford. It Got better and better all the way back.

The pull when the boost comes in is great. You'll love it!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Let us know how it goes - Mega4 are quite close to me, I work in Hersham and Walton quite a lot, otherwise it's Big Boys Toys quite a few more miles away.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let us know how it goes - Mega4 are quite close to me, I work in Hersham and Walton quite a lot, otherwise it's Big Boys Toys quite a few more miles away.
I will do. I cannot wait.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Is your engine standard at the moment?

Im thinking of getting my AUM Revo'd at The Mk4 Centre in Darlington, they said a figure of 212BHP would be possible with filter and forge DV.

It's the increase in torque which impresses me!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is your engine standard at the moment?

Im thinking of getting my AUM Revo'd at The Mk4 Centre in Darlington, they said a figure of 212BHP would be possible with filter and forge DV.

It's the increase in torque which impresses me!
I must admit the increase in torque is impressive.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well got the re-map done today. Got to meet Simon and his friend, great guys and very helpful. There was good and bad news today. the re-map went fine, and my god the car fast.

I really cannot say for sure how fast because it has been raining most of the day, and the car just keep wheel spinning in 1 2 & 3rd gear. The top-end 5 gear is just amazing, there is just so mush Torque its crazy, but I am loving it.

The bad news is I am only getting 195 -200-Bhp at the moment because I have a broken Dump Valve, and they also pointed out that my water pump bearing is on its way out. But the car is still under warranty so not so bad.

I so badly want to drive the car hard in the dry too really see what I have for the money. But as it is I am more then happy.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nice one mate, shame you cant enjoy the full works of the re map! I'm really wanting to get mine done now.

If there was a problem with parts etc do they find this before or after the map?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice one mate, shame you cant enjoy the full works of the re map! I'm really wanting to get mine done now.

If there was a problem with parts etc do they find this before or after the map?
They found the problem when doing the Remap. Simon hue did the remap took out the car for a test drive to make sure all was OK . After returning he said it is not pulling as hard as it should.

He then did a Diagnostic on the car, and it turned out it was the Diverter Valve. I got that change yesterday, and it has made a reel difference in the torque to the car.

It is now putting out the full 212-Bhp. :)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nice one mate, thanks for getting back to me on that.

Glad your getting your full performance now, what you gonna get now? The next upgrade [;)]

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Wow

270bhp, I may have to start saving for that new car then.......

I love REVO, next you'll have to get the full Turbo Back Zorst, 4 Bar and Air filter.

240bhp BABY!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts