Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Quote: posted by Carlos on 24/01/2005 09:30:31

Just so you know....I got sent the link, I wasn't actually browsing their forum [;)]

never entered my head m8

·
Registered
132 Posts
Quote: posted by Rivage on 24/01/2005 09:29:15

Mmmm .... I thought the VTR only had ninety ponies? _ Perhaps he had a head start? Half a mile would do it.

The later ones got 98BHP, September 2000 onwards.

Cheers

·
Registered
434 Posts
Another jackanory story from a Saxo chav [:D]

I tell you what, I gave him a little shock. He obviously pulled away when the turbo kicked in, but just for a minute he poo poo it. I was off the line like a bullet.

He forgot to mention:

I jumped the gun and was only ahead until I reached 10mph, then he pi$$ed all over me!

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EstorilBlue, last time we had a "todo" with the saxo sports guys it ended in numerous locked topics......lets not go there again [:)]

·
Registered
385 Posts
To be honest, it is hard to launch a revo'd 1.8T. You will get the lag if you don't time it correctly. Today I had a run in with a 323ci. Off the lights he was half car ahead but I then zoomed past once the boost kicked in. I also managed to swerve into his lane accidentally, forcing him to emergency brake. I was so embarrassed; I could have caused an accident! I wasn't even doing stupid speeds; the torque just came in so early. I've noticed more and more, I'm struggling with this weather to keep the car straight off the line. The torque-steer is getting to the point where it is now down right DANGEROUS. I?ve kept my car on low-boost as well. FWD is really starting to get on my t*ts. I don't know how these guys with big-turbo are controlling their cars. Perhaps because I have OEM suspension and they have coilovers?

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the same trouble on my REVO'd AGU with the standard turbo. Some new suspension should sort it, I hope.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I would hope the boost is smoother on the big-turbo jobbies... cos i find that it comes in one hell of a rush on the standard K03's and 4's. Gentle acceleration at times is almost impossible, because once the thing hits 2.5-3k it starts to build up when you dont really want it to.

Know what yer saying regarding keeping it in a straight line too... im still stock 180 yet if i rag it in 2nd or 3rd on current roads it feels like its floating rather than sticking to the ground. Maybe 4wd is the best option even considering its weight/drivetrain loss trade offs... because it enables you to actually use the bloody power for more than the 2 summer months we get per year! [:(]

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Quote: posted by RS2002 on 24/01/2005 14:09:37

...The torque-steer is getting to the point where it is now down right DANGEROUS. I?ve kept my car on low-boost as well. FWD is really starting to get on my t*ts. I don't know how these guys with big-turbo are controlling their cars...

Time to get an LSD, it will help out a lot.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Quote: posted by sparrow on 24/01/2005 15:29:57

And upgraded suspension makes a huge difference too

I had eibach -30mm springs and powerflex dog bone mount bush fitted and I suspect this helps enourmously with controlling torque steer under hard acceleration.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I'm confused, it would seem said saxo driver is boasting that he didn't beat the golf but is impressed as his car held with it till the turbo kicked in (3000rpm?!?). Dork

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Quote: posted by thechief on 24/01/2005 17:55:47

I'm confused, it would seem said saxo driver is boasting that he didn't beat the golf but is impressed as his car held with it till the turbo kicked in (3000rpm?!?). Dork

Exactly what I was thinking.....which is what? 3 seconds?

ooooohhh.....get you! [:p]

1 - 20 of 32 Posts