Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol yeah i no i cannnnnnt wait =)

Only thing is i have heard people saying there car has not run right after the trial expires?

Also because my car will be remaped for 5 hours my insurance company wont know this, what happens if i crash ? Could they tell the trail software was on there?

·
Registered
931 Posts
you can only have the trail once, but after you have had it you wont need it again! if i were you, get the real thing straight away! wont have no regrets! but expect your fuel bill to shoot up! have fun!

·
Registered
99 Posts
had the trial done last weekend from VW Midland, Superb didnt expect the difference to be so much.

Have had no problems with it reverting back like a few people on here have experienced.

Saving up to get it done myself as it feels like my 1.8T is a Golf Match at the moment the difference was that much.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would get it striaght away, but because im only 19 my insurance will go up an extra 1200 for the remap!!! [:'(]

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
had the trial done last weekend from VW Midland, Superb didnt expect the difference to be so much.

Have had no problems with it reverting back like a few people on here have experienced.

Saving up to get it done myself as it feels like my 1.8T is a Golf Match at the moment the difference was that much.
Yer i am so excited to feel the power difference! Is it absolutley free? i.e no labour charges or anything ? Do they rolling road the car ?

What kinda problems have people had reverting back ?

·
Registered
792 Posts
its absolutely free, no charges whatsover, takes about 10 mins max to do, no rolling road test, my car ran crap for a while after, lack of power, but went back to normal after a few hundred miles.

enjoy it, I was gonna go and pay for it straight away, but phoned insurance and the premium was gonna increase by ?700, so will have to wait for some NCB's first.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL same here i am waiting till december till i have 2YNCB , should be about 2grand which is not too bad!

Sp tempting not to tell your insurnace though isnt.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Also because my car will be remaped for 5 hours my insurance company wont know this, what happens if i crash ? Could they tell the trail software was on there?
After the trial, your car will not return to its exact original map, there will be traces of the remap left over, a revo signature for example.
So if I were you I would ask Revo to reflash your car with the full OEM map AFTER your trial has run out.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
i'm going for the trial and then probably the full thing next saturday..........

i'm 23...one years no claim.........how much lift in insurance can i expect?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers gary, gonna end up gettin it next week though, its amazing !

And essex you are going to love it, your are not even prepared for the difference (unless u been in a revo'd 1.8t lol)

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Whats all this talk of Revo trial for?

I made it about 1/4 mile down the road with mine then turned straight back for the full programme. Trust me, if your going to have the trial with the intention of buying the full software along way off you are going to be very disappionted when the trials up. Just splash the cash and get the remap. 50% of members can't be wrong

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Any thoughts on the 4bar programme?
Stage two?
Thats the current 4bar map, stage one sticks with the original 3bar FPR.

Revo say that the new stage one 3bar map is comparable to the older 4bar map which I used to have.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Whats all this talk of Revo trial for?

I made it about 1/4 mile down the road with mine then turned straight back for the full programme. Trust me, if your going to have the trial with the intention of buying the full software along way off you are going to be very disappionted when the trials up. Just splash the cash and get the remap. 50% of members can't be wrong
I fully entended on gettin it done mate, i was just short for the money and wanted to make sure it was worth alll that money, and jesus was it!

Revo next week i think so !!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts