Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the Revo trial installed last night and oh my god! Need I say more [:D]

I'm a bit of a skeptic but I can confirm everything anyone has ever said about Revo on this site - it is amazing. 10 minutes to install and the car is transformed from nice to evil! Wheelspin in 2nd gear at 50mph and 5000rpm says it all (ok it was wet out but still[^]) Mid-range and top-end are vastly improved. Instead of hitting max torque at 3000rpm (ish) and flat lining to the rev limiter the car just pulls and pulls - I had so much fun on the motorway journey home baiting all the bmw's I came across (let them drive up your ass at 70mph and then floor it.... juvenile mucho fun [}:)])

I cannot stress enough how much better the car is after Revo. If you have a 1.8T and don't have Revo/Upsolute etc then get it done now!!!! As soon as I get back from Italy in 3 weeks I'm straight up to get it done....

Only other thing is I'd suggest getting a powerflex dog bone mount fitted first cause I reckon without it accelerating would be very jerky as engine comes on and off torque.

Now all I need is some 312mm brakes up front, rear anti roll bar and some new tyres/alloys and the baby will be a stealth monster [8D]

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Had my Revo about 3 months and still can't get enough of the acceleration. Don't forget the SPS3 tuning box as your Revo trial was set for everyday road use, the SPS3 will give you alittle more power

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just had mine done this morning with the 4 bar it it the nuts, brought the switch thing too how many miles do i have to do before i can start playin wit the settings ????

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I was gonna buy myself this month but got caught in the classifieds buying mods at a price i couldn't resist.

DAMN CLASSIFIEDS

Will order my box next month. An internet store in America is selling the boxes for ?170, can't be bad

·
Registered
459 Posts
I had my 1.8t revo'd for about 1yr then fitted the full milltek system(the new 3'' hi-flow cat and downpipe with 4 mo centre and rear),if you think the revo is good wait until you put both of these on ur car[:D]

·
Registered
459 Posts
Quote: posted by JohnGTi on 22/01/2005 19:13:23

i can feel the money slipping out of my wallet!!!

If ur going to the next london meet when its arranged i'll take u 4 a blast[^]

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Quote: posted by floaty on 23/01/2005 13:50:25

My Anni is totally standard. Can i get it REVO'd before shelling out for an exhaust, dump valve etc. etc?

Yopu can get the Revo done whenever you want. Word is it adjusts to any mods you want to add later

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Best to always uprate your dv though for reliability, the increased boost can finish off a standard one pretty quick.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote: posted by Carlos on 22/01/2005 12:59:36

Good init! [:D]

The only problem is the rate I seem to be going through my front F1's. [:(]

It's more than good - it's amazing. I totally destroyed a 180bhp TT that was driving up my bum - I bet he was thinking his TT was just way quicker than the golf until I floored it and we went over 3000rpm - he was devestated - pulled up beside me at next junction and wanted to know what had been done - I have a feeling he'll also be getting Revo [:D]

Also let a mate take the car for a spin and he was genuinely amazed. I almost don't want to go away now so I can go back to get Revo this week....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts