Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
I went down there and bought a car off them for my mate a few months back. Very nice professional people, I'm sure they'll treat you well.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got my RS from Fontain, very nice people and know alot about VW's and Audi's.

I did however have some problems getting the revo software flashed onto my Golf. It took over 5 times to get revo flashed onto the ECU. But it was all sorted in the end...

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Used them back in 2002/2003 to get my 1.8T chipped.

Had problems immediatlely after with the car juddering.

Took it back and they

a) denied it was there - when it blatently was!

b) then changed their diagnosise said it down to faulty engine mounts
(car had less than 6k miles on it!) . I asked them to show
me the faulty engine mounts, but they fobbed me off saying they would
need to charge me 1 hours labour to stick it up on the ramps!!!!!!

They take ur money, but they didn't give me any 'After Sales Service'.

And NO they didn't ever solve the problem. Pushed me from piller to post

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers all, do you know of anywhere in the Berkshire or close surrounding counties that offer a good level of pre and post support on Revo tunning ?

J

·
Vendor
231 Posts
There's a lot changed down there over the last year or so, they've moved premises, they have specific people dealing with aftermarket upgrades. Go over to them and have a chat, speak to Chas or Marcus.. they'll help you out!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Chas is the boy u wanna talk to...like revo kev said they got new premises and are vastly experianced in VW/AUDI and there labour rates are significantly smaller than a dealers.I know many people who have either bought or had service/repairs with them and never had a problem?.I actually get them to do mine instead of sending it to a dealers....cheaper,cleaner and more friendly than ya cattle market dealers.I have it inspected on the way in and get it checked on the way out and there happy with this...can u get that from ya local dealer....erm dont think so.. lets have a rag of ya car and blow ya speakers..then we'll argue with the customer even when its under warranty ...i dont get that with Chas and the gang.He is well known in the airport society i work in like i said.Heathrow provides him with a solid customer base so a bad reputation would be very damaging.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I often see them blatting up and down the 'Iver Mile' in the Revo'd (?) RS4.  Normally a car full of grinning fools!!!!! They certainly have a good rep in the VAG world AFAIK.

·
Registered
557 Posts
MPG better than standard

Good drivability unless i change to the N75H, in which case it suffers the jerky partial throttle problem.

On the N75H spikes at 18/19psi in third and i dare not take my eyes off the road to see what that dropes to at 5K+ but i should imagine on my ko3 its about 10psi. On the standard N75C valve i spike 15/16psi

It lacks lower down the range and you have to mindful of grabbing a bag of revs if you want to move quickly, but once going it pulls like a train. (But there again i have only my Mk2 valver to compare to, which really is not a good comparison).

I dont even know what version of APR it is! I think its the 95ron one(?) i got it off someone on here who originally got it from Awesome and had it put in by someone at superchips (you guys wouldnt touch it!!! Understandably i hasen to add)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is that power in uxbridge?

A Customer told me there a really good place near amersham they normally do porsche but they do other german makes. There equipment is up to date with cold air cooling for a more accurate figures.

·
Registered
557 Posts
yeah that is PE in UXb.  Seems to be Scooby heaven!  when are you guys getting a rr.  You know you want to!  I am sure you could find somewhere to shoehorn one in!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Chas, hi there.

Is your price ?339 + VAT for the AGU NDBW MK4 Turbo as advertsied on Revo's site ?

Thanks

James

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi James,

Sorry for time it's taken me to reply work has been crazy. We were carrying out a stage two conversion with eibach spring kit on a seat leon which looks great. Yes the price is ?399 plus VAT. We also remove the e.c.u free of charge.

If you would like it done you can call me on 01753 650909

Chas

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Chas.,

?399 + vat is expensive for the non DBW version. Everywhere inc revo's web site quotes ?339 + vat ??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts