Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a bloody brilliant day at the inaugural Milltek Tuner Grand Prix. Our VW Cup R32 won its class in the sprint, 14.03 quarter, with its new driver for 2006, Paul Taylor.

I managed to convince Mitch from REVO to let me take his Porsche GT3 round and won its class as well. REVO code in that baby really made it fly. He only picked it up the day before so very brave of him I thought!

I saw a a few Golfs up there. Anyone on here go?

I had never seen "Drifting" before and was very impressed with the professional guys out there. Mega car control. Up until now I thought "drifting" was a milder form of "dogging"!

Good event, with lots of tuners bringing out their best efforts. Heres to 2006!

P.S. Just goes to show, REVO, proven on the track, not just the rolling road!

P.P.S. Thanks to the guys and gals at Vagtech for lending us tools when we needed to swap cats on the R32. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Dubzter.

Hi Tabs

What was your time? We kept the car in standard VW Cup power levels as it was primarily for the new driver to get used to before next weekend. Mitchell had race fuel and a "wild" code in his laptop but we wouldn't let him flash the car as we were racing next week!

Shaun.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats a mega time coz ours, as you say, has everthing ripped out then a cage added. 1200kg compared to 1400kg? standard. Can you send us some more stickers as the mirrors were painted last week.

Mitchell reckoned on 70 more bhp over our restricted 230bhp. Thats with race fuel and different code.

Cheers Shaun.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Thats a mega time coz ours, as you say, has everthing ripped out then a cage added. 1200kg compared to 1400kg? standard. Can you send us some more stickers as the mirrors were painted last week.

Mitchell reckoned on 70 more bhp over our restricted 230bhp. Thats with race fuel and different code.

Cheers Shaun.
Will do mate.

The time I did was with home brew race fuel, max. adaption and the back seats out btw.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounded a bit too awesome to start with!

We had to change the Hi-Flo cats because we were 2 DB over the 98DB limit. We fitted the standard cats back on which brought it down within the limit. We run a straight through exhaust, no boxes, tailor-made by Milltek hence the problem.

I agree, great day and look forwward to next year.

Shaun.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey mate i was there on sat... got to admit ure R32 looks n sounded the muts nuts... goes well too.... did you see that little rover 25 on the strip that had some power it sounded evil.... heard it was 500 bhp.... dont know weather you at bbt can put and end to mine n mates debate but you know the elise's d18 in particular that just about wiped up... was it turbo'd cos it made a  right hisst/roar and sounded awesome when came by on full chat...... i reckon it was but i could be wrong

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.