Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1.8T 150BHP AGU.

I am thinking about getting the Revo 5hr trial installed and wanted to know

if any of you have experienced problems with this trial software????

Any input is greatly appreciated.

EN4

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Trust me theres no need for the trial, Revo is quite simply amazing. If your still not convinced there should be members in your area who have had it done. Just get friendly with them and go for a spin in theirs

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your experience will be non existent - Revo don't do a trial for an AGU!!
Are you 100% sure m8?

I thought Revo worked on non DBW AGU engines??

Anyone got a take on this ??

Thanks

EN4

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Probably something to do woth the throttle cable not being electronic.

You going to Edition 38? could take you for a spin

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Its something to do with the ECU's limitations due to it needing to be large enough to hold both the Revo and stock program.

Zek, his won't feel like yours at all due to his figures coming in around the 195bhp mark compared to yours around 230ish?

Don't rule out Upsolute for the non dbw engine due to its low cost and similar performance gains.

·
Vendor
231 Posts
Sorry mate,

the earlier cable actuated throttle AGU cars use a Motronic 5 ECU.. which works differently to the later ME7 style ECU's. Thus no trial for these cars.

30 day money back guaranty though from our dealers.

Software would cost you ?399 + vat and is SPS1 compatible.

·
Registered
792 Posts

EN4
Be sure you are determined to go ahead afterwards, I still dont think my car is the same since the trial, even the missus says that, and she wasnt even in the car when the trial was running. I had the ECU flashed afterwards aswell. I phoned revo aswell, fobbed off, also had vag com checking the car, no faults found.

So beware, if you have any doubts about getting it afterwards, dont do it, thats my advice. check the insurance company aswell, cos elephant told me they wouldnt insure a car thats been remapped

·
Registered
2,969 Posts

EN4
Be sure you are determined to go ahead afterwards, I still dont think my car is the same since the trial, even the missus says that, and she wasnt even in the car when the trial was running. I had the ECU flashed afterwards aswell. I phoned revo aswell, fobbed off, also had vag com checking the car, no faults found.

So beware, if you have any doubts about getting it afterwards, dont do it, thats my advice. check the insurance company aswell, cos elephant told me they wouldnt insure a car thats been remapped
gtimk4180 have you read all this thread? We've already established he can't have the trial

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
yeah as said mate, he cant have the trial.....

though you could argue with a 30day money back guaruntee, its acutally a 30 day trial......

·
Registered
792 Posts

EN4

gtimk4180 have you read all this thread? We've already established he can't have the trial
Oops missed that bit, mouse is a bit dodgy at the minute!

At least he wont get any problems after the trial then if he cant have one[:D]

·
Vendor
231 Posts
So what did we fob you off with then?

Trial reverts to stock running tables, if the car isn't running as it was beforehand then it's down to adaptation levels being lower than they were at the outset of trial. This could be for numerous reasons, excessive heat, inadequate quality fuel, etc, etc. When a car is programmed adaptation values are reset, thus if there's an underlying issue thats gone unnoticed it will become apparant.

You say you've had a stock file flashed to your car, well the stock .rtk (Revo Technik flashable file) is a completely stock binary file in a flashable format. So what's in your car is what was there pre trial.

What is your car doing, or not doing that it was before.. this might help sort your problem out.

·
Registered
792 Posts
since I had the trial, it just feels as though it hasnt got the same power. I also have a 1.6 megane, and it is just about as quick as the golf, which before the trial, there was a definitely a big difference.

As I mentioned, my partner drove the car before the trial, wasnt in it when it was running, and after the trial, she noticed that the car was much slower straight away. Just one of those things I suppose, I assumed that revo put a program in to convince you the car was that bad, so 'I must have the full version now cos I cant cope with my car being this slow'

had it on vag com, no faults, maf is ok, d/v is ok. When I phoned revo, they said exactly the same as you said above(probably was you whom I spoke to!)

Considering getting the full version now anyway, so makes no difference.

·
Vendor
231 Posts
Fair enough. We definatley don't revert to a lesser stock mode in an attempt to get people to buy full software, would be a very underhand way of doing things.. our reputation wouldn't last two minutes if we went about things that way.

It does sound as though there is something amiss on your car though, if it's not as quick as it used to be. I'm sure however that when you get full software fitted if there is a problem the dealer will be able to help sort it out. Out of interest do you know what your peak MAF values are under load?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
"Another thing...their reversible trial re-map isn't.
It's not reversible...it does not revert back to the standard code.
How can it? The guy with the laptop has just overwritten the factory code...how can it sawp back after so many hours?
It can't...
What you will be left with is a torque clamp on the REVO map...which gives close to standard performance.

This may not be a problem...but bear in mind that if you decide the REVO map is not for you, it's difficult to over-write for many of the other re-map companies that use flash overwrites through the OBD port.

This may limit your choice in the future.

So...be wary... "

I read that before on another forum, is that how the map works? Or is the revo standard map a carbon copy of the stock tables? I remember GaryM saying after his APR trial the car felt noticably slower. I'm not trying to start an argument just want to get a better understanding of how the ecu is programmed and what capabilities there is..

Please remember it was not me who wrote that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts