Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently brought a reverse camera kit for my 1.8t Bora and all of the old threads are quite outdated now to the point where photos aren't working etc.
I've got a KW-M560BT which has the RCA input for a reverse camera all ready, I just need help on everything in-between 馃槀馃槀馃槀
I was wondering if anyone has any advice for a clean install of this kit, it replaces the number plate light like a Tiguan style.
I've seen people tap into the reverse bulb but can be done using a spare 2pin connector on the rear lights, any insight on this? Cheers
Road surface Wire Geology Soil Asphalt

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just need to feed it power and ground. Tapping into the lights is easiest. On the MK4 it's not a problem because it doesn't have bulb monitoring.
you would'nt know where i can get the connector to go into the rear lights do you?

Registered
On the back of the bulb holders are a series of pins that are usually used for tow bar electrics, these can be attached onto using spade connectors for a clean install. You'll need power and ground for the camera/light unit itself from the number plate light feed that is already there, and then you'll need power from the reverse light to trigger the camera on the red wire. You can check which terminal is reverse by sticking the car in reverse, with ignition on and all other lights off, and just check for 12v on one of the pins.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the back of the bulb holders are a series of pins that are usually used for tow bar electrics, these can be attached onto using spade connectors for a clean install. You'll need power and ground for the camera/light unit itself from the number plate light feed that is already there, and then you'll need power from the reverse light to trigger the camera on the red wire. You can check which terminal is reverse by sticking the car in reverse, with ignition on and all other lights off, and just check for 12v on one of the pins.
Right cheers for that, never thought of using space connectors for the back of the lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts