Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've somehow not washed my car for a month [:(] So, just before I was due to go out today, I gave her a wash and a lightning-quick polish to get rid of water spots, making myself late again (and still fuming that I didn't have time to polish the glass inside and out), when will I learn... Got all my Aero wipers on now, but didn't capture them here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/shiuming/nov2005wash11.jpg

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Some quality pics there mate, [y] also what... nah best not ask that question [:p]

one question though how do you keep your black rub strips so black as
my corsa ones are going a tad dull now, and its a new bloody car. any
tips will be helpfull.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some quality pics there mate, [y] also what... nah best not ask that question [:p]
Hehe... Go on, say it, I dare ya [:p] Tylerama will be along shortly to answer [:D]

one question though how do you keep your black rub strips so black as my corsa ones are going a tad dull now, and its a new bloody car. any tips will be helpfull.
I've really no idea mate [:S] Perhaps VW uses a different plastic? I notice, for example, Renaults have a much more grey colour external plastic which must be a nightmare to maintain. Couple of years ago I used Car Plan's Black Trim Wax from Halfords, it was really good, nice deep matt sheen, but it was a pain to use because I had to apply it sooo carefully to avoid getting it on the silver paintwork. Are your strips meant to be black or grey? Got pics?

Excellent Stuff! For a 'quick wash' that looks brilliant. What products do you use?
Thanks mate. I use

Posted Image

(adds bhp - big hairy pimp, dontcha know [:p]) from start to finish: Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner > Aqua Dry > Ultra Deep Shine > Extra Gloss Protection. I also use their Car Glass Polish, plus Meg's Quik Clay and applicator pads. Tyres, when I have time, Car Plan's Tyre Slik (though I think this has been re-branded to the unified "Wonder" brand - Wonder Tyres).

Innit [:D]

Had a right old hassle setting up the second car park shot, that's my local sports centre, and of course there was an Indian wedding reception there that night (mmm, curry) so just as I was about to take the pic, not one but two guys with big cheesy grins and a family in the back, totally oblivious to the fact I parked well away from everyone else and sporting a camera around my neck, pulled up either side, one of them in a clapped out jalopy with a busted front wing, aarrgh! [:D] I moved it and tried again.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Once again, great shine for a quickie detailing[Y] How often do you use your car? Looks very showroom condition.
Cheers dude [Y] That's my daily driver. "Quick" is still 2 hours for me [:$]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Hehe... Go on, say it, I dare ya [:p] Tylerama will be along shortly to answer [:D]

one question though how do you keep your black rub strips so black as my corsa ones are going a tad dull now, and its a new bloody car. any tips will be helpfull.
I've really no idea mate [:S] Perhaps VW uses a different plastic? I notice, for example, Renaults have a much more grey colour external plastic which must be a nightmare to maintain. Couple of years ago I used Car Plan's Black Trim Wax from Halfords, it was really good, nice deep matt sheen, but it was a pain to use because I had to apply it sooo carefully to avoid getting it on the silver paintwork. Are your strips meant to be black or grey? Got pics?
its like a grey black finish on the plastic, but btw i genuinly dont know what cam you use so what is it ?? lol i know its a sony but thats about it.

Sat

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I tell you what mate, you can seriously take some good photos!!

Would love to be as creative as that!!

Car is always looking clean mate.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Looking niice and shiney as always! I live by "AUTOBLING" (lol), its the nuts! [Y]

A total off topic question, where in the country did ya take those pic's? I love KrispyKreme doughnuts!! [:p] AND you have a drive through!! [:(]Haven't had those since i went travling years ago! bit random i know but . . .. MMmMmmmm doughnuts!! If ya not too far then it might be worth a road trip!

Cheers!![:D]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the kind comments fellas. [:)] I only photograph her when she's clean. [:p]

Satnam: Try a translucent gel type dressing as opposed to a coloured-matched wax cream like I used to use (so less hassle if you get it on the paintwork, easy to remove). I've just got myself a bottle of Autobling Bumper Care (green/turquoise bottle) which works well on rubber and vinyl.

Posted Image

Of course, this pic is the fake stuff, you want genuine Autobling.

What colour's your car? Maybe Sonny could colour code it instead? If not, try to keep it parked in the shade where possible, UV rays from the sun will make plastics fade and crack.

goldk28611: Alley is at the back of where I live. Thai Corner is my favourite Thai restaurant, in London SE22 (off Lordship Lane in East Dulwich), Krispy Kreme is nowhere near you, it's on Shannon Corner in New Malden, Surrey, just by the A3 (used to be a well dodgy pub) and near a very big Tesco, where I've also taken quite a few car pics. Those Krispy Kremes are so expensive for what they are though, they're like marshmallows, no substance! 90p each!

I tried putting the doughnuts on the bonnet but they kept sliding off! [:p]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mate, everytime you post, I feel hungry again LOL[:D]
PMSL! Are you in or near London? Why not come along to the London photo shoot this Sat? Lotsa nice grub on the agenda [:p]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Aggggh.. Sony Cybershot F717 - Sony Cybershot F717 - Sony Cybershot F717 - Sony Cybershot F717 - Sony Cybershot F717 !!!!

And a whole box of krispy kreme's !!!!!!!!! Gaaah.. Soooo not fair ! I hope your planning on bringing a box along to the brighton cruise.. ole buddy, ole mate.. [;)][:p]

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Them pics are sweet!

I love night time pictures, i see in one of your photos theres a big ass lit up car park you wanna go in there your be able to get some killer piccies in there!

Posted Image

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's a great shot Simon, coming down the ramp, looks so purposeful. What wheels you got there? Unfortunately the car park in my pic was closed by that time, I suppose I could go there earlier, as it gets dark so soon now so the lights will be on. Thanks for the comments guys [Y]

tylerama: Krispy Kreme increases your 0-60 times! [:p]

·
Registered
504 Posts
And a whole box of krispy kreme's !!!!!!!!! Gaaah.. Soooo not fair ! I hope your planning on bringing a box along to the brighton cruise.. ole buddy, ole mate.. [;)][:p]
Now there's an idea [;)][Y] . . .not long to go!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Mate, everytime you post, I feel hungry again LOL[:D]
PMSL! Are you in or near London? Why not come along to the London photo shoot this Sat? Lotsa nice grub on the agenda [:p]
Cheers for the invite but unable to make it. Sounds like you enjoy
eating like me, maybe one day for a foodfest in London (Belgo in
Covent Garden for Belgium nosh or Dim Sum etc)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts