Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Returning member from Kent

1079 Views 22 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  bora-sport
Hey all! Used to frequent the forums ages ago and decided I'd make a return for when I've got burning questions you guys might be able to help with! I'm Alex and I set up the Bora Owners Club a couple of years ago - since there wasn't a forum specifically for Bora Owners. Anyway I'm on my second Bora now. Started with an old W reg 2.0 Bora Sport and needed something more economical when I changed jobs and my commute got a bit bigger, so I bought an 05 Bora TDI 130 Highline in Black.

Didn't want black if I'm completely honest and nearly didn't buy the car because of the colour, but it only had about 70k on the clock and it was spotless throughout.

Haven't done much to it, took the badges off the back, pressed plates in surrounds and some team heko wind deflectors. Want it to stay fairly standard looking! 4mo front valance is definitely on the cards (hoping to find a 2nd hand one in good condition if anyone on here can help!) otherwise I might end up buying one from Awesome GTI.

I went and got the Blacksmoke remap files for it, stuck the 180bhp one on for a few weeks but it was a bit too savage (albeit lots of fun!!) for the clutch so I'm running the 165bhp map now which is a bit easier on it. Clutch still slips a bit in the bottom of high gears, but I'm thinking it's probably still on the original clutch with just under 80k on the clock now.

Couple of pics!

boraback_zpspbrwsw9s.jpg

boraback2_zps2bcclt0q.jpg
See less See more
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
That looks really tidy, 05 is a very late one as well. Where in Kent are you?
Welcome back fellow Kent member :)
I'm maidstone, I shall keep an eye out :)
Oooo you weren't the dark blue or black turbo I saw yesterday are you?
Nope, I drive a grey estate. Plus I'm currently laying in hospital.
Oh! U ok? When your out I shall keep an eye out
And a black bora too :)
Wave back at a grinning waving man in a green v5
Welcome back, I had 3 black Boras just love them. Peter
Thanks all!

I used to have a W reg 2.0 Sport but got a new job and needed a diesel, so deided to go for the best I could while I was changing and late model TDI 130 highline was it So much car for the money and with the remap which cost next to nothing it's realy nice to drive too. Chuffed with it tbh!

I'll keep an eye out for a green v5 and a grinning man! Lol.

I regularly see a dark blue Bora with DRL's in the fog-light grilles going towards Maidstone from Tonbridge way in the mornings, and I followed a "goldy coloured" V5 with black wheels up to Teston the other day! I live in Maidstone and work in Kings Hill - see a few Bora's and a couple of Golf's on the daily commute!

Peter - I think you were on the BOC forum a while back. Hope all is well in East Kent :)
Reactions: 1
Thanks all!
I used to have a W reg 2.0 Sport but got a new job and needed a diesel, so deided to go for the best I could while I was changing and late model TDI 130 highline was it So much car for the money and with the remap which cost next to nothing it's realy nice to drive too. Chuffed with it tbh!

I'll keep an eye out for a green v5 and a grinning man! Lol.

I regularly see a dark blue Bora with DRL's in the fog-light grilles going towards Maidstone from Tonbridge way in the mornings, and I followed a "goldy coloured" V5 with black wheels up to Teston the other day! I live in Maidstone and work in Kings Hill - see a few Bora's and a couple of Golf's on the daily commute!

Peter - I think you were on the BOC forum a while back. Hope all is well in East Kent :)
Yes I was ,getting MK6 Jetta to play with now . Peter
I'm only about 10 mins from kings hill
I've seen that goldy coloured one.....the five door one?
This is me ...
image.jpg
See less See more
Sounds nice Peter How does it compare to the Bora?

Must be the same Bora, pretty sure it had a V5 badge on the back and the bloke seemed as interested in my car as I was in his! I'll keep an eye out for you in the Golf, I'll give you a flash or a honk if I see you on my travels!
Im in lordswood, but drive a grey mk5 gti for now
Apart from the golf?

I have a caddy van for work. The golf is going soon i think, thats all i meant by "for now"
Ah right fair enough. I asked as you're from my neck of the woods that's all and wondered if I'd seen you driving something else.
Oh i might thrash my missus mazda 2 down to the little tesco every now and then lol
Sounds nice Peter How does it compare to the Bora?
Must be the same Bora, pretty sure it had a V5 badge on the back and the bloke seemed as interested in my car as I was in his! I'll keep an eye out for you in the Golf, I'll give you a flash or a honk if I see you on my travels!
Just love it , had remap day after getting . Also fitted a few bits but more ordered. Peter
Glad to hear it Peter! What power is it putting out?

I did have my Bora remapped to 180bhp (Blacksmoke remap) but the clutch started slipping - so I had to downgrade to 165bhp. It's slipping a bit on that too now (bottom of high gears) even though I don't drive it like I stole it. Think it's time for a stronger replacement though, so it can do 180bhp all day every day. Looking at a SACHS kit (with DMF) from Darkside Developments.

Also, if anyone can help with this I'd be grateful. Re: getting the new clutch fitted I've posted in "The Lounge" section about a decent garage in Kent (linky http://uk-mkivs.net/topic/293762-kent-good-garage-to-replace-clutch/). My garage refuses to touch aftermarket clutches!! Not good - and I'm a bit fussy about letting any old garage do a big job like that tbh. Had some BAD experiences in the past with bad garages!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.