Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - new person here!

Hope someone can advise... I've got a 2007 MkV golf and I think I'm in the market for a Bluetooth handsfree kit. Anyone got any experience which kit is best to go for? I've been looking at kufatech/fiscon as i believe the calls etc come up on the MFD and makes use of the steering wheel button (which sounds nice!) VW quoted me ?500 to have this fitted which is a bit steep!

All help very much appreciated. Matt

·
Livin' by the sword
5,180 Posts
Personally, I have three Bury CC9060 units fitted in my fleet and they're great. They're also the VW dealer fit units, just rebranded for VW as their own. I replaced 2 Parrot kits which were awful, despite everyone elses experience of them being great.

·
Livin' by the sword
5,180 Posts
Fairly simple fitting. You need an Autoleads (or similar) adapter cable to convert the old style connectors on the kit to the new style on the car. I presume the car will be a Quadlock connection same as the Mk5. Then head unit out, disconnect, reconnect with the kit in line, wire the mike into a suitable position, wire the display unit into a suitable position, then you'll need to pick up a switched live and permanent live from somewhere as the head unit wiring is not suitable. That's the basics.

Once you've done one it's fairly straight forward, but it's a bit daunting first time round. There should be a write up of how to do it somewhere on one of the forums on the web. Also, the procedure will be very similar (or the same) for many handsfree kits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts