Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting retro cruise fitted tomorrow from my local $tealer and wondered if it functioned the same a factory fit?

The quoted ?199 all in which I thought was good.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one, thanks for the reply.[:D] Is the control stalk additional or do they replace an existing stalk and double up it's functions?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep

All done, they used a OEM stalk and gave me my old one back, nice tidy job and I'm pleased with the ?190.00 all in cost.

The cruise works well , but there does appear to be the slightest of jults when I take my finger off the acceleration button when I've reached the desired speed, not as seamless as my BMW 3 series was.But once set it's great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cheers Derv Burner, got cruise fitted to my GTi by the local VW dealer for ?199. Well impressed, as it was not an option when I pre-ordered the car last year.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers Derv Burner, got cruise fitted to my GTi by the local VW dealer for ?199. Well impressed, as it was not an option when I pre-ordered the car last year.
Nice one Gnasher,glad your sorted, I use mine a lot and like the fact it stays on (not engaged) when you switch off the ignition.

I think it's a bargin at ?190.00

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
These prices are good as it is ?270 as a factory option.

Bit of a rip off no doubt as all cars are equipped with the kit to do it apart from the indicator stalk.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Bit of a rip off no doubt as all cars are equipped with the kit to do it apart from the indicator stalk.
The service manager at my dealers reconed the had to send out for a wiring loom, to fit mine.

·
Registered
689 Posts

The service manager at my dealers reconed the had to send out for a wiring loom, to fit mine.
Tis right. And also activate by VagCom. (only a minutes work)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts

OK, thanks. I thought it would have been more money to not do it that have all cars the same.

That make the dealer prices quoted even better value.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got a quote from dealers in York for ?160. But they said that if
something in the stearing column was the wrong type they would have to
replace it and that would cost over ?100 extra!!! He said it was the
ECU, but I have no clue if that's located there or not. A check could
be done on the car to see if I had the correct bit before going ahead
with the job, but they couldn't tell from engine number etc. Is this
right?

I did ask if it was a wiring loom that might need changing as mentioned above but he said cruise runs on the CAN bus...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also had Retro Cruse Control fitted this week when my car was in for its first variable service. JCB Volkswagen (Kent) also quoted ?190, which included the following parts:

Pt/No. 000979009 Wires 1off @?0.93+V.A.T

Pt/No. 000979132 Wiring Set 1off @?0.93+V.A.T

Pt/No. 111971940A Connector 1off @?1.63+V.A.T

Pt/No. 1K0953513A9B9 Switch 1off @?45.07+V.A.T

I am extremely pleased with the outcome, never had cruse before and I?m really enjoying it! Considering its still a ?270 factory fit option its nice to get some value for money out of a $tealer!

I?d recommend it for anybody doing Motorway mileage.[:)]

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I also had Retro Cruse Control fitted this week when my car was in for its first variable service. JCB Volkswagen (Kent) also quoted ?190, which included the following parts:

Pt/No. 000979009 Wires 1off @?0.93+V.A.T

Pt/No. 000979132 Wiring Set 1off @?0.93+V.A.T

Pt/No. 111971940A Connector 1off @?1.63+V.A.T

Pt/No. 1K0953513A9B9 Switch 1off @?45.07+V.A.T

I am extremely pleased with the outcome, never had cruse before and I?m really enjoying it! Considering its still a ?270 factory fit option its nice to get some value for money out of a $tealer!

I?d recommend it for anybody doing Motorway mileage.[:)]
Good for you Mate,how you finding the interface, I find it a little bit snatchy when I speed up useing the speed plus button.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I suppose the acceleration is a bit fierce, but it?s quite accurate? One ?press? of the button either way seems to equate to exactly 1mph according to my Road Angel 2.

Still this is rather irrelevant to you, now you?ve joined the GTi club![:D]

Your going to have to change your username as well?[;)]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts