Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Went to meet up with rfsteel last week so he could sort out some vag-com stuff for my car (THANKS RUSSELL !). I got two errors, one of which is as below :-

-------------------------------------------------

Control Module Part Number: 1J0 959 799 AH

Component and/or Version: 2L Zentral-SG Komf. 0001

Software Coding: 04096

Work Shop Code: WSC 01317

Additional Info: 1J2959802C 2L Torsteuerger. FS0002r

Additional Info: 1J2959801D 2L Torsteuerger. BF0002r

Additional Info: 1J4959811C 2L Torsteuerger. HL0002r

Additional Info: 1J4959812C 2L Torsteuerger. HR0002r

1 Fault Found:

01131 - Control Circuit for Turn Signals

25-00 - Unknown Switch Condition

-------------------------------------------------

Now Im not sure what this is but basically, my car will not flash when I lock/unlock it even though vag-com is saying it is set to do so. So could the above fault be related ?

If anyone can tell me what I need to buy and if it is difficult to fit please as Ive looked all over the net and couldnt find anything solid.

Thanks !

/\/ u d d a

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Possibly the flasher relay which is built into the hazard light switch. Do the indicators and hazard lights function normally?

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Quote: posted by R44MS_K on 19/10/2004 11:21:41

reset first then scan....

That's what I did, scanned then reset. Then Nudda locked the car and this fault was logged.

All the indicators work, even the hazards, just not when locking the car.

·
Banned
4,570 Posts
seems like one of the microswitches have gone - if you keep press the lock button on the fob, do the indicators eventually flash?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote: posted by R44MS_K on 19/10/2004 12:01:06

seems like one of the microswitches have gone - if you keep press the lock button on the fob, do the indicators eventually flash?

tried that but they dont flash (held the lock button on fob for about 30 seconds)

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Sit inside and use the lock all button - do any of the pins spring back up ? That is a good test for the feedback switches in the door locks. You can also check the status of the door locks using VAG-COM if you go into the datablocks on the comfort module it will report the status that it is getting from each door latch.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmm interesting, the back left doors pin does go in but stick out a little (isnt flush) ... could this be the problem ? When I try to open that door from outside , it is locked but the pin isnt flush. Boot locks fine as I close it firmly and it locks on demand.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Nudda, maybe this relates to your rear boot interior light not working ?

You said that a looms need replacing to cure that fault, maybe the loom also contains the wiring for the alarm to say that the boot is shut ?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good thinking rfsteel ... Ill fix that before I carry on then ...

As for the pin sticking out a bit, I dont think that matters (its only a sligh bit that sticks out as does both doors at rear) so we'll safely ignore that.

·
Registered
808 Posts
going by the fault code it looks like the 'relay inside the ecu that operates the alarm flashers' is stuck and cant 'click' on and off, it is inside the convenience ecu and nothing to do with the hazards or the locks, the fault code clearly states the 'switch position' and not anything else causing it not to operate, the ecu is a one piece unit and 'shouldnt' be tampered with, occasionally removing them and hitting them off the ground 'not too hard' does free the internal switch off, other than that just hit it as hard as you can ;o)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
can anyone post pics of what Im supposed to be looking at ? I dont want to touch anything i shouldnt and be worse off

·
Registered
808 Posts
Its a black box about 6`x4`x1` with 2 multiplugs going into it, and it should be located just above the brake/clutch pedal on a golf if memory serves me right, on a passat its under the carpet in the passenger footwell.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks pgl but havent received anything ... no PM or email ... could you try PM'ing me please. thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts