Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All... I am about to fit an after market steering wheel to my golf (MK4 2003 Gt-TDi)... can anyone tell me which kind of resistor i need to commect to the airbag plug to stop the airbag fault light coming on... and also how to connect it ?

Many thanks,

Chris

·
SMUJ
5,145 Posts
Sure this has been covered on here loads mate, do a quick search, Im sure ALL will be revealed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have searched all over the net and this forum and it all seems to be related to seat airbags...

Chris

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
Just ordered a resister from awesome GTi... cost £15 including postage.
HOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW MUCH???????????????????????????????????? [:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O]?

I can see a chance to get rich VERY quickly here.If I buy one of these and sell it at a profit margin of about 5000 %,how long before I can retire early?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-X-2-2-OHM-2R2-CARBON-FILM-RESISTORS-1-4W-0-25W-/150531493456?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item230c604e50

Chris.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have read so many differing opinions about which type to use, and these have all been related to seat air bags, not steering wheel air bags, so i rang the experts, so i guess you are paying for their knowledge of which one to use... which will save me the messing about if i purchased the wrong one... i see your point though... there is a little bit of a mark up, but at least i know i've got the correct part.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
But it's just a resistor,unchanged since the days of John Logie Baird[:cool:].I'd be VERY interested to know what makesa a 5p electronic component worth £15?

Chris.

·
SMUJ
5,145 Posts
OK I have a few things to add:

1. aRd & Imagewerz are IMO 'The Experts' when it it comes to great advice on MK4s especially things like, resistors, electronics in general, coding etc, I have never met either of them, but the help and advice they provide is second to non on this forum. Sorry if that sounds a little GAY! [:$]

2. How Awesome can be called The Experts I will never know, to sell a component that you can get in Maplins for pennies for a whopping £15 is daylight robbery, seriously they are taking the pee.[negative]

3. Seriously TopTints return it while you can and go and get the same one from Maplins and use the change to put 14ltrs of fuel in your car my man.[au]

4. If your questions cannot be answered on here by a chosen few then the question is not worth asking, the only time questions get ignored is when they are stupidly obvious and even then someone will come along and be cheeky.[H]

Smuj

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the advice guys...

One thing i do know is that advice doesn't come for free, and these guys are running a business with lost of overheads.... not trying too much to justify the price, as i don't know if it is just the resistor, or if it comes mounted in some speacial kind of plug in thingy...? i'll let you know what i receive in the post.

All the best,

Chris

·
Super Moderator
50,234 Posts
Fair enough,it's your money and of course you're free to spend it on whatever takes your fancy.I've just done some maths and reckon that as I've got 6 resistors in my needle sweep module plus a few other bits I can sell them for about £300[:p] and people will be falling over themselves to buy them.I've already found the Caribbean island I plan to buy with the profits[ip].

Oh and thanks Smuj.

Chris.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts