Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So finally my last door module is on its way out after changing the other 3 over the past 7 years I've had someone confirm it is on its way out but when he contacted TPS for my Golf he quoted £180 alone for the door module. Originally I was going to go for one of these cheapy eBay ones as didn't want to pay out that much but when I found the OEM part number, none of the cheap eBay module locks are compatible with my Golf it seems.

The part No is: 6X2837014C and all I can seem to find is OEM ones that are from £150 on eBay with the exception of a 2nd hand one that's £30.
Does anyone know where I could obtain a drivers door lock/module that is cheaper than £150 as didn't really want to be spending that much out on it now?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Just get the oem one me personally that was the best and only reassuring way. After years of messing I can say the oem is the best it was £150 fit my drivers one last year. Still cheaper than buying a new car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6X2 is a Beetle.

Yours should be 1J0.
Thanks, Adam, I did find that somehow that was the Part No from some business selling the "cheaper" door locks on eBay, however, when they checked my reg against it they confirmed it was the part I was looking for.
Ended up buying OEM part from tldarbyvolkswagen they ran my reg against the part and confirmed it was correct for my Mk4, the only thing I can think is they may have stopped production of them for Mk4s and since the Beetle door modules are the same continuing to produce them like that.

That's the only thing I can think of as every person I contacted on eBay regarding door modules that "Claimed" to of fitted all Mk4 variants in their descriptions came back and said it didn't fit mine, I'm just hoping now I haven't been told false information about it now and left needing to return it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Have a read here:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Thanks, Adam, I did find that somehow that was the Part No from some business selling the "cheaper" door locks on eBay, however, when they checked my reg against it they confirmed it was the part I was looking for.
Ended up buying OEM part from tldarbyvolkswagen they ran my reg against the part and confirmed it was correct for my Mk4, the only thing I can think is they may have stopped production of them for Mk4s and since the Beetle door modules are the same continuing to produce them like that.

That's the only thing I can think of as every person I contacted on eBay regarding door modules that "Claimed" to of fitted all Mk4 variants in their descriptions came back and said it didn't fit mine, I'm just hoping now I haven't been told false information about it now and left needing to return it.
That’s exactly where I got mine from tldarby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2002 MK4 1.8t GTi AUM
52 Posts
both my from doors went within a month of each other, i replaced the first with an Ebay one but the locking system didn't work properly, i just bought 2 from VW and everything works perfectly but at £152 each it wasn't fun

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
both my from doors went within a month of each other, i replaced the first with an Ebay one but the locking system didn't work properly, i just bought 2 from VW and everything works perfectly but at £152 each it wasn't fun
It still better to fix your car than buy a new one... or buy a second hand one and the same problem could happen... it is very common i hear

1 - 12 of 12 Posts