Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a straight through pipe to get rid of the middle silencer. Needs to be the same fitment as the standard 1.8t pipe just minus the silencer. Am I likely to get any sensor problems when doing this?

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
well i did mine..no sensor issues..but it is too loud! keep that in mind and no power differences so its only just for the sounds

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I fitted a backbox and there is no sound difference at all from the standard. I wanted it to sound a bit sportier. is there a sports version of the middle box available? Just something a little louder than standard?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i bought a straight pipe off ebay, cost me 40 quid, with the rest of the exhaust standard ive had no difference at all in the noise.

the main restriction of a mk4 exhaust is the downpipe, if you changed this then youd get a deeper note

·
TEAM 88 MOTORSPORT
8,901 Posts
well i did mine..no sensor issues..but it is too loud! keep that in mind and no power differences so its only just for the sounds
You need to bear in mind that the turbo on the 1.8T will kill most of the sound and this is not the case on the smaller engine.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
You need to bear in mind that the turbo on the 1.8T will kill most of the sound and this is not the case on the smaller engine.
it wont kill all the sound it'll still get some

·
TEAM 88 MOTORSPORT
8,901 Posts
It will kill enough to get by with just a backbox [Y]

The diesels dont sound that bad without any silencers[:cool:]

·
Registered
596 Posts
It will kill enough to get by with just a backbox

The diesels dont sound that bad without any silencers
My exhaust broke off from the cat... it sounded meeeean and had a turbo wooosh lol

Fixed it tho :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts