Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are several posts about replacement keys and fobs all over the forum but none of them answer my query.

i got a two button keyfob/ flip key for my mk4 golf 1.6 SE. Sad thing is i only got one key and no SKC (secret key code).

searching for correct replacement key is doing my headdin [:(]

part number HLO 1J0 959 753 N Frequency 434 MHz now the question is does the replacement key has to be have exactly the same part number including the alphabet N at the end or can i get HLO 1J0 959 753 (different letter at the end) with 434MHz key fob.

any help would be highly appreciated

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update :: + bumpty bump [:)]

1. I have realised that immobiliser chip from used immo2 car key can be reprogrammed to work with any other immo2 car. So that solves some of the trouble.

Now Question is - will an immibiliser chip from any immo2 car (mk4 golfs obviously) be fit for this purpose of reprogramming for it to work on my car or does it have to be taken off from a key fob with exactly same parts number as my fob ??

2. The top half of the key which houses the flip key and immobiliser chip works independent to the bottom half with remote central locking fob, if this is true.

Can i then get a key fob with same frequency as my existing key fob and train it to work with my remote central locking system or does it have to have exactly same parts number fob for it to work ??

any help would be very very very appreciated.

cheers

sundar

·
Registered
990 Posts
Any immobiliser chip from any immo 2 car will work, there's no "recode" limit, unlike with immo 3.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how important the end letter at the end of your fob part number is. I'd just buy a couple cheap used ones off ebay and see if you can get the remote section working with your car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts